Browning 725 trigger resetting issues

DrQ

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any trigger resetting problems with their 725. If so, what was the problem and how did you get it sorted?

I`ve had mine for 2 months now, and am beginning to think that I maybe experiencing a few “misfiring” issues….?

…..Or is it because I’ve been wearing gloves?

Please help.

Q

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What carts? Which barrel? Which first does it occur when swapping barrel order? Does it happen with other shooters or just you firing the gun?

Hi HDAV

The cartrages I use are Comp X 28g. It seems to happen on the bottom barrel, when fired 2nd. So far it's happened 3 or 4 times & only with me.

I've looked it up on the Internet & it looks like quite a few people have had the same kind of problems.

Q

CompX are quite soft, try something like Eley olypmic, or somethign with some kick and try firing bottom barrel first (this is usual in a sporter) oh and see if it happens to another shooter..... a new gun that hasnt worn in may need a bit more to reset the inertia block. See how you get on and if necessary take it back to the shop.....

CompX are quite soft, try something like Eley olypmic, or somethign with some kick and try firing bottom barrel first (this is usual in a sporter) oh and see if it happens to another shooter..... a new gun that hasnt worn in may need a bit more to reset the inertia block. See how you get on and if necessary take it back to the shop.....

I usually do fire from the bottom first (so to speak), but depending on the target/choke, may sometimes start with the top…. But it seems to happen on the 2nd firing on the under barrel.

The 725 is a mechanical system, but would it also rely on some inertia??

The gun isn’t new, I bought it privately two months ago….

Just wanted to find out if other users had any similar problems..?

I`ll concentrate on it for a few weeks and see what happens….. Then either call Browning and/or a gunsmith….

Cheers

Q

Edited by DrQ

Worth a watch, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyL5y-_gvQI from that it would seem that you should be able to fire both barrels sequentially with no recoil, do you have some snap caps? if it it isnt you not releasing i would suggest a trip to your local browning agent..............

Thanks for that

Q xxx

There is a 10 year warrenty on the action.

Cool beans...

Q x

browning 725 has mechanical trigger not inertia thats why you can pull the trigger twice when emty to release the firing pins so changing cart type wont make any difference at all

Indeed......

Q

I've not had this problem with mine. Could be that you are not fully releasing the trigger as has already been said. Only trigger issue I have with mine is that I find them a bit on the light side.

Cheers poorpeet.... is your trigger guard a little wobbly?

Q x

I would guess the trigger release as has already been mentioned is your problem. while shooting yesterday I had the same problem and the guy I was with identified trigger freeze as my problem, it happened 5 times over the round on the second cartridge; with that on my mind I corrected it in my head and the problem went away. I shot again today to find that problem had gone away. Key is, be aware of it but don't let in screw up your head. Enjoy what is a great gun (We're the weak link!).

I would guess the trigger release as has already been mentioned is your problem. while shooting yesterday I had the same problem and the guy I was with identified trigger freeze as my problem, it happened 5 times over the round on the second cartridge; with that on my mind I corrected it in my head and the problem went away. I shot again today to find that problem had gone away. Key is, be aware of it but don't let in screw up your head. Enjoy what is a great gun (We're the weak link!).

DAVD_B... I think I love you!!

Will let you know

Thank you

Q xx

no, as most brownings ive seen pit quite easily but with no loss of performance,

you would still "fire" the second barrel even if it was badly pitted, it just wouldnt go off,

Im with the not releasing the trigger fully brigade,

My last browning had a pitted bottom pin (not badly) and the only reason it ever failed to fire was me not releasing the trigger.

It happens more than you think, (I also wear gloves, its not them, unless yours are really thick and padded?)

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

GOT SAME PROBLEM ON MY 725 MAKES NO DIFFERENT WHAT BARELL YOU FIRE FIRST BUT IT DOES MATTER ON CARTRIDGES LIGHT RECOILING CARTRIDGES LIKE GAMEBORE BLACK GOLD OR LIGHT CLAY LOADS WIL GIVE YOU PROBLEMS FIRED 100 ELEY VIP 32 GRAMS NO PROBLEM ALSO 150 HULL HIGH PHEASENT NO PROBLEM ELEY FIRST ALSO OK MY GUN HAS BEEN SENT TO BWM ARMS WIL UPDATE YOU ON OUTCOME AND NO IT NOT SOMETHING YOU ARE DOING WRONG THAT A LOAD OF ########