HW100 S .177 first impressions

retromlc

Without taking sides here-if its "easy" then a clip should only take a few minutes to film-keep the camera rolling so that we can see the time scale.I am not afraid to admit that I would not be able to match that kind of accuracy.Before this post becomes a slanging match and gets locked-the challenge has been made-so lets wait for the proof :friends:

bruno22rf, i will not be drawn into a slanging match bud i am asking exactly the same as yourself, i have A4 printed sheets with 5p black spots on that i use to zero my rifles in with and the best i have ever done is hit 7/10 and believe me i am trying as hard as i can and yes i admit myself i could not do this and certainly dont think anyone whom i know could either,14 shots into a 5p size target at 40yrds is impressive,very impressive shooting but i for one am finding it hard to believe,so can i also say i dont doubt it cant be done but until i have seen the ops who are claiming they can do it EASILY do it and also video it and as you say with the time scale rolling then i will continue to think it is untrue

I think if you read our posts properly no one has said it was easy :no: Well not me or turbo anyway,if you want someone to make a clip,get the chap who said he could easily do it :good: I would like to see it too :yes: BB

BB i never said you did mate,but the other two ops did,so they have now been challenged to prove me wrong

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB these are the two comments that have been made

turbo33 ,,, Therefore I agree with Nick b65 that it is relativlely easy to achieve

NickB65 ,,, I love my HW100t and I get about 70 shots before it needs a top up - more than enough when hunting. For me the JSB 4.53 is perfect and at 40 yards I can out 14 shots into a five pence piece easily

these comments where written by the two ops so come on guys , film it and show me just how easy it is and just how wrong i am,, i wait for your video confirmation

68BEF11D-0ACF-4483-AA06-A516A8770F1B-245-0000008C9A83A84F.jpg

66076B4E-E6BC-41E3-AFB7-B07A028FE952-245-0000008C8D6BDEC2.jpg

I don't see what's so unbelievable about that kind of grouping?

I shot these two a couple of weeks ago. The outer ring is drawn around a 10p piece.

One shot with a prosport, the other with an S200, both had a flyer that was down to me getting excited at shot number 8 or 9. If it wasn't for those two the group would be well inside a 5p piece.

Regards

Tim.

correct me if i,m wrong but no one mentioned 35yrds ??? why dont you do the test aswell, 14 shots into a 5p size target at 40 yrds not 35yrds and video it anyone can write down on a piece of paper how far it was and shoot it from a different distance,,,, VIDEO ONLY

Thats 10 shots NOT inside a 5p piece then?

and at 35yrds aswell ,,cheat

35 yards happens to be my Zero range, I don't count myself as a good shot but those pics were taken after a zeroing session recently.

If I wanted to try at 40 yards I could but it would be very difficult tonight so in the meantime you can make do with pictures of what I can do at 35 yards. If you think I'm lying then fine, I've got nothing to prove. You carry on disbelieving and I'll be content knowing that you're a rubbish shot who's jealous of anyone who can achieve better than you.

It's possible, with well sorted and cleaned pellets, off a bench on a windless day. I have 'rung the bell' at 25 with 9 consecutive shots, and punched paper very consistently at 40, didn't have a 5p verified sized circle or a camera with me though. I might bother to try and video it at some point but to be honest, I don't really care who believes me, and, in my opinion, nor should anyone else. If you know what you can achieve with your set up then that should be good enough.

The HFT guys I shoot with know how well I shoot, and there are better in the team, but people love to believe that if they can't do it, it's not possible.

It's possible, with well sorted and cleaned pellets, off a bench on a windless day. I have 'rung the bell' at 25 with 9 consecutive shots, and punched paper very consistently at 40, didn't have a 5p verified sized circle or a camera with me though. I might bother to try and video it at some point but to be honest, I don't really care who believes me, and, in my opinion, nor should anyone else. If you know what you can achieve with your set up then that should be good enough.

The HFT guys I shoot with know how well I shoot, and there are better in the team, but people love to believe that if they can't do it, it's not possible.

Bang on Mongrel :good: :good: :good:

mongrel,no one is interested in ringing bells at 25yrds bud, i am being slated because i disbelieve the two ops who have said they find it easy to put 14 shots into a 5p piece size target at 40 yrds

now correct me if i,m wrong but i do quite a lot of hunting with my air rifles and i am forever checking that my gun is spot on, at 32yrds mind,and even at that range i can not put 14 pellets into a 5p size target ,,now if you said a 1 inch target then i would be able to do 10 shots and at 40yrds,(but its not about me)

now all i am doing is saying "" i find it very hard to believe that the two op,s can put 14 shots into a 5p size target at 40 yrds(120ft)"" . now because i have said this i am being slated saying how bad a shot am i,,well i know my capabilities even after 42yrs experience with air rifles ,springers and pcp,s and i can say " i am not capable of these sort of groupings,the ops are and find it very easy, well if its so easy as they say,then come on PROVE IT , because i know and so do you wether my or your ability is better or worse think this is a little exagerated,but to start giving me loads (not because i dont believe it can be done but find it hard to believe ) is a joke.

then to top it off show a previous video of one of my shot pigeons(at full arms length i might add) they then decide to tell me i,m jealous and just cos i can,t do it doesn,t mean anyone else can.

so they have both now been challenged PUT UP OR SHUT UP, its so easy then lets see ya both do it

so they have both now been challenged PUT UP OR SHUT UP, its so easy then lets see ya both do it

Proper, genuine Rolwl (that's 'roar out loud with laughter').

Put up or shut up? Who the Hell are you to be throwing your weight around???

You are free to comment on any post as are we all,and, if you don't get the response you like you are free to disagree further, but trying to cyber bully people is just comical!!!

Nobody really cares whether they are capable of doing as they say, or whether I can do it, or come to that whether you are as good as you think you are. Nobody has said you cannot do anything but if you choose to take it personally, maybe it's too close to home? Now, if you want to see if that kind of accuracy is possible then Youtube is your friend.....assuming that they haven't been carefully edited, but that's the internet for you. Alternatively any decent HFT club will have a few top end shooters who can achieve extraordinary groups in ideal conditions (and remember, we are talking about punching paper off rests, not field shooting).

This isn't a Court of Law, it's an internet forum. 'Put up or shut up', hilarious! Kind of thing I'd expect to hear in a playground!

EDIT: I will add that I would find 14 consecutive shots that tight at that range quite exceptional, but I'd certainly not rule it out!

Edited by -Mongrel-

well since I posted this topic,i have been plinking like mad and have been getting acceptable results,any misses on the targets are down to me but at 30 yrds ,which is comfortable for me I'm hitting where I place the shot,so happy with that,As I said i head shot a pigeon at approx 40 yrds and was shocked that it was exactly where I pulled the trigger,i'm loving the gun ATM.My farmer who is going to show me his not rabbit fenced land tomorrow is keen to see the gun as he's interested in trying it out.

Totally agree with evo,if these fellas can shoot these so called amount of pellets through a 5 pence sized target at 40 yards,lets get it recorded and placed on the forum for all to enjoy.

I would like to know if the guys in question can shoot quick aquisition targets from the standing,kneeling positions with no aids?

Totally agree with evo,if these fellas can shoot these so called amount of pellets through a 5 pence sized target at 40 yards,lets get it recorded and placed on the forum for all to enjoy.

I would like to know if the guys in question can shoot quick aquisition targets from the standing,kneeling positions with no aids?

thanks ferretboy,, so its not just me and bruno22rf then,,thought i was going mad :lol:

If I were these fellas I'd tell you both to take a running jump! :lol:

I would have nothing to prove to either of you and as such would tell you as much!

Did I ever tell you about the measured 62 yard rabbit that I cleanly head shot? No? Don't believe me? Like I give a monkeys! ;)

Edited by -Mongrel-

Do you ever take a look at AAOC?

Go on general airgun chat, page 2, look for a thread called "defiant HFT accuracy results" or something like that. There are some pics posted by a member that are an inspiration to see. I can only aspire to that level and I'm not afraid to say it.

Evo, I don't see why you have to be negative about someone elses posts or achievements?

After all, they have nothing to gain by lying, even if they post video it proves absolutely nothing.

"defiant HFT accuracy results" or something like that.

I assume it's this one http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45987&p=493980&hilit=defiant+HFT+accuracy+results#p493980

Which shows 5, 40 yard shots producing very tight, touching groups out of a Steyr. 14 shots is a bit more of an ask, but in THEORY, if you can put 5 P.O.P. then you can stick the other 9 down the same hole.

Do you ever take a look at AAOC?

Go on general airgun chat, page 2, look for a thread called "defiant HFT accuracy results" or something like that. There are some pics posted by a member that are an inspiration to see. I can only aspire to that level and I'm not afraid to say it.

Evo, I don't see why you have to be negative about someone elses posts or achievements?

After all, they have nothing to gain by lying, even if they post video it proves absolutely nothing.

i am not negative about anything i merely pointed out i find what they posted hard to believe,lets face it,,14 shots into a 5p sized target at 40yrds and easily :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I assume it's this one http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45987&p=493980&hilit=defiant+HFT+accuracy+results#p493980

Which shows 5, 40 yard shots producing very tight, touching groups out of a Steyr. 14 shots is a bit more of an ask, but in THEORY, if you can put 5 P.O.P. then you can stick the other 9 down the same hole.

My point is that those groups were shot, displayed for all to see and I have no reason to doubt them, why should I? The shooter is way better than me and I'm not afraid or ashamed to admit it. I have my limitations, I can't afford a Steyr and I'm not that good a shot, end of story.

The one thing I wouldn't do is call the chap a liar because he's better than me, I just accept it with good grace.

Is it not all relative?

I may shoot and struggle at Southdown, Catamong will shoot it and declare it to be soft!

One of the guys I shoot HFT with is a machine (well practised albeit), put him on the range and he will put pellet on pellet all the way up the range.

I can't do it, MOST can't do it. Doesn't mean it can't be done.

Edited by -Mongrel-