HW100 S .177 first impressions

retromlc

... I can't afford a Steyr and I'm not that good a shot, end of story.

Don't need a Steyr mate, it may help, but the best all round shot I've ever seen is ex-military and uses a 10-ish year old AirArms S400. He understands the science behind shooting and practices a lot as well as having a talent for it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not all relative?

I may shoot and struggle at Southdown, Catamong will shoot it and declare it to be soft!

One of the guys I shoot HFT is a machine (well practised albeit), put him on the range and he will put pellet on pellet all the way up the range.

I can't do it, MOST can't do it. Doesn't mean it can't be done.

totally agree, i have not once said it cant be done, but when people start giving you loads because you say you find it hard to believe then thats when they where asked to prove it,,anyway i,ll just sit back now and wait for these impressive video,s,oh and we did say a HW100 14 shots thro a 5p sized target set at 40 yrds ??? or was i dreaming :hmm: :hmm:

i am not negative about anything i merely pointed out i find what they posted hard to believe,lets face it,,14 shots into a 5p sized target at 40yrds and easily :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you think disbelieving is being negative? At what point is a video going to prove it?

Under the right conditions I have no doubt there are many shooters who could achieve that.

Don't need a Steyr mate, it may help, but the best all round shot I've ever seen is ex-military and uses a 10-ish year old AirArms S400. He understands the science behind shooting and practices a lot as well as having a talent for it.

I might do better with a Steyr, as it is I have an S200 and a Prosport, both equally accurate but limited by me. Not that it matters, my practice and plinking helps to give me a healthy haul of woodies and rabbits every year and the odd bonus pheasant and hare.

I only shoot targets for fun, it's the killshot that counts.

Don't you think disbelieving is being negative

Yes, I do think disbelieving is being negative.

no its not being negative it is merely being inquisative

INQUISITIVE is being interested and wanting to find out more, that's not the same as accusing people of lying and demanding videos as proof.

INQUISITIVE is being interested and wanting to find out more, that's not the same as accusing people of lying and demanding videos as proof.

that is exactly what i am being

can you please explain when it was i called anyone a liar :hmm: :hmm: the only thing i have said is i find it very hard to believe that 14 shots into a 5p size target easily is very hard to believe so please refrain from telling me i,m calling people liars,,because i doubted their ability i have asked them to prove just how easy it is to achieve what they where saying,and the only honest way is to film it

i will be very interested to see the videos as well as many others but not once have i said it cant be done and not once have i called anyone a liar

edit;; oh i forgot i have not once said i disbelieve them either i merely said i find it hard to believe

Edited by evo

Blimey! that was an interesting read! I totally agree that the 40 yrd grouping can be done, I have shot extremely tight groups with my .22 hw100 ( 10 shots in a 5p at 40yds, belive me or not I dont care!) and I have cut playing cards in half using it too, so I should imagine that the .177 could do even better, as long as the conditions are right. I will be out with my video camera asap!!!

snapback.pngNickB65, on 07 January 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

I love my HW100t and I get about 70 shots before it needs a top up - more than enough when hunting. For me the JSB 4.53 is perfect and at 40 yards I can out 14 shots into a five pence piece easily.

you need to register with the england team my friend because you and your gun are shooting better than anyone else in the country, i would even go as far as europe,14 shots into a five pence piece easily ??? even i find that very hard to believe at 40 yrds :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Oi nutter!

HPIM0842.jpg

10 Shots, 35 metres (38.28 yards), lasered distance, using Daystate X2, .177, Prometheus Defiant 7.5 grain pellets! Can be done,

I'm sorry to say this Evo, but you are starting to behave like a petulant child.....prove it....prove it.... Shortly someone who has the time, with a video camera that will reach to 40yds will make you look rather silly. There comes a time when to stop digging is a good idea. :yes:

And well done Mick, glad you're getting used to the rifle and its capabilities :good:

Maybe because it's something else that shows that ultra tight groups at 40 yards is not a pipe dream? Yeah, yeah, I know, that's not the point...but to be honest I've kinda forgotten what the point was.

I can't belive this thread is still trickling along. :lol:

neither can i :lol: :lol: :lol:

enjoyed the playing card one tho lol

Edited by evo