HW100 S .177 first impressions

retromlc

well chaps as promised, here is the video of my attempt to put 14 pellets into a 5p sized target set at a distance of 40yrds, conditions where not great as the wind was not strong but gusting from right to left

I had to try it just to see if i could do it,the video explains everything, please remember i am using .22 pellets and not .177, the target is exactly the same size as a 5p piece

if you think your rifle is accurate then just have a go, you will then see just how difficult this really is

anyway i wont go on any longer watch the video to see how i get on,,all the best EVO

http://youtu.be/QqLzbdASifo

Just watched the video Evo and some mighty fine shooting..... 13/14 on a windy day is a good result..... not such a hard task after all. I shoot about 500 pellets a week in the back garden on an A4 target that as 20 10p sized circles on it and I vary the range from 30 to 40 yards - that is I move from the back of the lounge to the patio doors. I normally take one shot per circle and then once finished see how many shots I can get into one circle.......

Have a good weeks shooting and I shall post my video next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

I have a HW100kt in.177 its fitted with a Dr Bob buddy bottle conversion it has a 500cc bottle fitted

a harris bipod and sling attatched, it does 250 +shots with h& n Hunter Exteme .177 pellets its accurate and hard hitting ,with the sling its no problem weight wise i shoot off tripod sticks, overall its the best .177 combo going IMHO.

regds brian

Hello mate i have just fitted a dr bob with a 200cc bottle could you be so kind as to send me some pics of your rifle with the bigger bottle on please you can email me at jongrimwood@hotmail.co.uk

Wow.... I go away for a few days and come back and we have this amazing thread.

Sorry for not getting back to the post earlier but life and work have their demands. I shall be creating a video next weekend which will demonstrate that 14 into a 5p piece is not easy but not impossible. Would love to do it this weekend but I have the kids so not possible. The shot will be taken from my lounge door - through the lounge to the back garden which is exactly 41 yards. I will try and film this using two cameras - one with me and one on the target and will then post both...... you can then make your own minds up.

Some great videos have been posted and all show some great shooting but as I posted the statement first I think I should post my effort. Sorry you have to wait but family life come first.

Happy shooting.

I agree mate my hw100 foes 5p groups at 40 all day long the only reasen it would not do it is because of the bloke pulling the trigger not the rifle my girlfriend shoots 6 25mm discs at 80 yards with my rifle and has a rabbit kill at 86 straight in the brain, my longest is 96 yards standing i use jsb exact heavy at 704 fps 11.33 ftlb and hawke chairgun gives me aim points out to 118 yards on 9x with the 10x half mil dot reticle

I agree mate my hw100 foes 5p groups at 40 all day long the only reasen it would not do it is because of the bloke pulling the trigger not the rifle my girlfriend shoots 6 25mm discs at 80 yards with my rifle and has a rabbit kill at 86 straight in the brain, my longest is 96 yards standing i use jsb exact heavy at 704 fps 11.33 ftlb and hawke chairgun gives me aim points out to 118 yards on 9x with the 10x half mil dot reticle

It isn't a willy waving contest.....96 yards standing with a 12ft lb!

Wow, the best wasted 10 mins read ever. It was a good experience, but for those who have less time it is summarised like this:

OP - "I have a new gun which is really accurate"

Other person - "I can shoot a 5p 14 times"

"No you can't"

"yes I can"

"No you can't it's impossible"

"Yes I can, you can't"

"I wasn't disputing that and here's a vid proving I can't"

"you prove it"

"no, that's out of order asking for a video of me proving anything - I know my human rights"

;;;:::Insert lots of peer pressure and arguing here:::::

"here's a vid of me proving it"

"wow that's good"

End.

:yahoo:

Shooting or atempting to shoot live quarry at that distance with a sub 12lbs air rifle is absoultely iresponsabile, and should never be done. If i was you , at least i'll keep it for myself... :whistling:

I have no problems at all with the claims for hitting 5 pence pieces at 40 yards. The HW100 is the best air rifle I have ever owned and I am sure that it will shoot more accurately than I ever could.

When you consider what is needed, a good barrel and consistent air output then the HW100 has both. Combined with a great trigger then a bit of talent would easily allow a shooter to hit 5p pieces and in still air then that would apply to almost any range. Yes, you need to use good pellets and good technique but the vast majority of the hard work is down to the HW100.

bet ya cant :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

but jonboig,s missus could, :lol::lol: :lol:

atb Evo

Oh yea, says who :lol::lol: :lol: Been one of the best threads this year I think :good::good:

It could get better.... "aim points out to 118 yards" :hmm:Must be one of the new Hubble milldot, or maybe zero is at 85 yards :yes:

Edited by turbo33

he can 'cos i taught him,if only he could do it blindfolded like me

You gave me a challenge there mate so i moved the match sticks out to 500 yds tied to my mates bike helmet. While he rode back and forth at 35 mph i also put the blind fold on and wham shot the lot.and just to prove it wasnt a fluke i dropped a rabbit at 700 yds eye shot stone dead.man these hw100s are truly awsome

You gave me a challenge there mate so i moved the match sticks out to 500 yds tied to my mates bike helmet. While he rode back and forth at 35 mph i also put the blind fold on and wham shot the lot.and just to prove it wasnt a fluke i dropped a rabbit at 700 yds eye shot stone dead.man these hw100s are truly awsome

and he,s telling the truth cos I saw him do it,, that hw of his can knock the leg of a spider at 400yrds and that's no bull either

honestly

atb Evo

Hw 100 tk 177 bought new after 2 days sent back to hull cartridge leaking valve ,sent back to me with now a leaking bottle.sent it back to them. ,they wanted paying for parts labour i told them no way its new under warranty i told them i would be contacting trading standards that worked got it back after 3 weeks just to **** me off. Filled it up whent shooting after 3 mags gun was empty then found the barrell loose .so had that sorted at gun shop .then the gun threw pellets all over the place i tried 10 top brands ,aa,daystate,h&n,

Bisley mags,rws supafield, etc .i ended up driving to hull cartridge and throwing it at them.after telling them it was not fit for purpous and i would gladly go to court i got my money back. That is my first and last impression of the hw 100.

should of bought a huntsman classic mate, better gun ,, but have to be honest I,d of smacked the salesman over the head with it,, but they did give you a refund, at least now you can go and buy a more superior rifle,, ANY DAYSTATE

atb Evo