Action against the behaviour of the RSPCA

docholiday

I hope you see the irony of your reply

:good: I'm sorry,but I can't help thinking that petitions are started,and carried out, by those who know they should do something,but can't really be bothered,which is why most peter out and fall by the wayside after a while.While I believe it's a worthy cause,the most effective way of generating interest and support for a cause is to contact all the relevant bodies who can create that interest,such as the media,especially to begin with on a local level such as local papers and radio.Bombard the press,radio,government and the RSPCA itself, with letters,e-mails and telephone calls.Let them know you're not going away and you wont until something is achieved.But that requires time,motivation and effort.

If anyone wants to start a letter writing campaign about this issue,and one way or another really become a thorn in the side of the RSPCA by sheer bloody mindedness,then let me know.Otherwise I can't be bothered either.ONE letter from every shooter on this forum would have a profound effect if sent to the right place,but even if that 'right place' were identified,it aint gonna happen.

The RSPCA in my opinion have become an underhanded,cynical,hypocritical and politically(thereby funded)motivated organisation.This petition on its own wont cut it I'm afraid.

I had already signed being made aware from one of the gun dog groups I am a member of. My apologies if any spelling mistakes, all are not all university educated . Any one who is under the impression that shooting is not on the agenda of the RSPCA

is living in cloud cuckoo land.

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

I do not support the call for the RSPCA - or any other individual or body - to be prevented from undertaking a private criminal action. It is a fundamental right. If anyone feels they can rely on the CPS to support action in all cases they are deluded. In legal circles they're known as 'Couldn't prosecute Satan'.

Is it really their fundamental right? The idea of private organisations being able to make prosecutions was widely viewed as unfair and undemocratic in the 1800s, as the evidence often amounted to nothing more than an allegation, and those who could not afford to defend themselves in court had no choice but to plead guilty when they were totally innocent. This is currently happening with the RSPCA, where many people plead guilty because they cannot afford to defend themselves.

There was a good article in Shooting Times a few years ago. It has been copied onto the website below. Anyone who supports the RSPCA making prosecutions should read it.

http://rspcainjustic...much-power.html

Edited by Reece

I have to agree with people on here in that this isn't something to lend your name to. The RSPCA have every right to bring a prosecution against anyone they like for anything they like in the same way that anyone else does. The CPS is not the only organisation within who's remit it is to bring criminal prosecutions.

The petition wording accuses the RSPCA of using 'bully boy' tactics (whatever that means) and of infringing people's civil and legal rights and bringing 'vexatious' actions. Any evidence of that?

There are already rules distating what political activities a charity can engage in. If the membership of the RSPCA is happy that its money is used for brining prosecutions then there is nothing wrong in the RSPCA using it for that.

There are a lot of things about the RSPCA which need changing but not these ones.

J.

The RSPCA - that fine organisation who sue bereaved relatives for more money because they feel they should get the full bequeathed amount, not the amount that was left to them before tax.

I think it's 2 separate cases now where someone has left X to the RSPCA, Y to relative 1 and Z to relative 2. The RSPCA get their X but lose some of it to taxes so they sue relatives 1 and 2, trying to get them to top the amount they were left with back up to X.

They'll never see a penny from me. As bad as PETA when it comes to dishonesty.

Not heard of that. You got a link?

J.

Is it really their fundamental right? The idea of private organisations being able to make prosecutions was widely viewed as unfair and undemocratic in the 1800s, as the evidence often amounted to nothing more than an allegation, and those who could not afford to defend themselves in court had no choice but to plead guilty when they were totally innocent. This is currently happening with the RSPCA, where many people plead guilty because they cannot afford to defend themselves.

There was a good article in Shooting Times a few years ago. It has been copied onto the website below. Anyone who supports the RSPCA making prosecutions should read it.

http://rspcainjustic...much-power.html

But we have things like legal aid now. Someone on the receiving end of a private prosecution is no worse off than if it were brought by the CPS.

J.