Cleaning Methods

WezC

Now I have finally bought a shotgun, been looking on the internet at various methods of keeping it clean and well looked after.

Interested in peoples opinions on best methods / products out there.

I am drawn towards the Napier Ultra Clean, the youtube video makes it look simple enough, or is it just a good sales pitch.

Wez.

Personally my shotgun just gets a does of bore cleaner and a pull through with a bore snake, gets rid of all the powder and residue job done, small lead marks on chokes etc don't bother me and it means it gets done every time out which I sure wouldn't do with rods. The spray I use at the moment is a CZ cleaner / treatment but only as it was a freebie

Every time- Napier or Legia spray over everything dirty, then make a cuppa while it soaks in. Then forbytoo patches through the barrel till clean, out with the chokes and a wipe of the threads. Grease/oil choke threads and hinges/ any contact points, then reassemble, wiping everything with a Legia etc cloth. Use the cloth to carry to cabinet to keep acid fingerprints off.

Easy- less than 5 mins in total, gives your cuppa time to cool