Simulated game shoot hertfordshire

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you know, you've hardly ever been ;)

It's a good little shoot but this has resulted in it being very popular and probably at its limits with regards to numbers.

With Broomhills closing (and other haybailers) I think it will get busier as there aren't many shoots in the immediate area.

There is scope for more clay shoots but I feel flushes or simulated game ones may be seen as gimmicky or a one off shoot.

Fingers crossed the politics surrounding Broomhills will improve and a decent ground can rise from the ashes.

:good:thought any form of shoots in the area be it flushes/simulated game or sporting would be a good thing !!! Edited by Guest

What do you know, you've hardly ever been ;)

It's a good little shoot but this has resulted in it being very popular and probably at its limits with regards to numbers.

With Broomhills closing (and other haybailers) I think it will get busier as there aren't many shoots in the immediate area.

There is scope for more clay shoots but I feel flushes or simulated game ones may be seen as gimmicky or a one off shoot.

Fingers crossed the politics surrounding Broomhills will improve and a decent ground can rise from the ashes.

In the meantime and for the future you do have the A1 Shooting Ground

In the meantime and for the future you do have the A1 Shooting Ground

Not just in the meantime, it's always been there. However, the stands aren't all that, it's expensive, a bit of a treck for the north herts/south beds people and still a trap focused ground.

Maybe you can see if the skeet layout could be opened more than its current weekday only schedule? Or if the sporting stands could be changed around occasionally? Maybe they already are as I've not been for a month or so.

Numbers will be limited.Theres 32 acres there so i dont think 300yds will be a issue. The FAO is coming to advise us and is looking forward to shooting there

Peter if it helps, I am a BASC and CPSA Safety Officer, and can carry out risk assessments relating to setting up a Clay Shoot of any kind. If this helps with your talks with I guess Bob Sheppard please do not hesitate to make use of me.

Cheers

Terry

Peter if it helps, I am a BASC and CPSA Safety Officer, and can carry out risk assessments relating to setting up a Clay Shoot of any kind. If this helps with your talks with I guess Bob Sheppard please do not hesitate to make use of me.

Cheers

Terry

I also offered to do the same Terry

Wheathampstead golf course.police have said its fine.might have issue with noise but cross that bridge when I get to it.just testing clay traps.think it will just be a flurry not a sporting layout

You think it will be a flurry??! There was no way you'd have got a sporting layout on that pitch and putt. Glad I'm not the greenskeeper there.

32 acres hardly a pitch and putt !!! more land than most clay grounds.The green keepers are looking forward to it :lol: Edited by Guest