rye street coachworks haverhill

kennett

Anybody on here had an experience with the company above? My truck was hit by a lorry so was taken there in September by the insurance company, no communication, completely unable to work to completion dates and as it turned out last week...apalling workmanship. Gave my car a wash and the paint fell off plastic parts! Also several seals and trim pieces badly fitted or missing and an apparently new abs sensor they fitted was found to be cracked and not fitted correctly. Went back in last week and already pushing back completion dates! Have I been unlucky are they just rubbish?

I used Rye Street Coachworks in Boshop's Stortford a couple of years ago. I believe they are part of the same group.

They were terrible at giving us an accurate completion date and mucked us around with the replacement car (they slipped the date and then wanted the repalcement car back!)

The work was completed satisfactorly though.

Always remember that it is up to you ultimately where you take a damaged vehicle.

Your insurance company will try very hard to get the work done in their approved body shop, but you can still insist it goes to another shop where you or someone you trust has had positive previous dealings.

The above is the law no matter what your insurer tries to tell you.

My job is involves the car repair industry and there are lots of bad repairers out there.

I know of one large repairer where 4 out of 10 jobs are substandard, but they only get half of the bad ones back - so that's OK !

Absolutely appalling In my opinion.

That is fairly shocking, and useful to know that you dont have to use their repairer! Im sure if it had been a normal car that got the occasional car wash, I would never have known but the pressure washer soon showed them up, and the abs sensor quickly filled with mud and water because they had broken it

• 6 years later...

I also had my car (a Jaguar) repaired at Rye Street after an accident. The front bumper and both headlights needed repair. We initially asked to take the car to a Jaguar dealer for repair and the insurance company insisted that we take it to Rye Street. When it came back the trim from the drivers seat was left on the floor in the back of the car. The touch screen console did not work at all (no GPS, no radio, no control of the air conditioning). This was despite the car being driven back 10 miles to our house by Rye Street. Apparently they did not notice there was no front console. The service was shocking and I would never use them again. After having read this thread I will insist on using a different repairer. Just wish I had seen this before the car went in.

10 hours ago, DHL said:

I also had my car (a Jaguar) repaired at Rye Street after an accident. The front bumper and both headlights needed repair. We initially asked to take the car to a Jaguar dealer for repair and the insurance company insisted that we take it to Rye Street. When it came back the trim from the drivers seat was left on the floor in the back of the car. The touch screen console did not work at all (no GPS, no radio, no control of the air conditioning). This was despite the car being driven back 10 miles to our house by Rye Street. Apparently they did not notice there was no front console. The service was shocking and I would never use them again. After having read this thread I will insist on using a different repairer. Just wish I had seen this before the car went in.

25 minutes ago, cuffy said:

What insurance company sent these cars to rye street ?

Name and shame please , the we can avoid them .

Wow this is a blast from the past, but I see they haven't improved much in the last 6 years. As for who sent it there, it was Direct Line. The work was still shoddy after their second attempt so I refused to send it there again, Insurer sent it somewhere else in the end.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 11:03, DHL said:

I had a similair issue with them with my BMW . car returned with no working satnav, central locking or radio.  but was fine when it went to them. also the paint they put on the rear bumper was flaking ! i refused to take the car back, imediately rang my isurers and told them i was rejecting it.  man left with unsigned paperwork and before the end of the day BMW CAME AND COLLECTED IT  and fixed it properly.