Body shot

Footu

i think it should be "whatever is the most humane shot" be it head or heart/lung , but with a sub 12 its head only for me and also 35yrds and under otherwise i dont pull the trigger,but i,m lucky i dont shoot rabbits for pest control only for the table, if people want to take h/l shots then so be it

now that is the last comment i,m makin on this thread as it is becoming repetative

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, one last post from me on this subject( I hope...) Look Chaps, shooting things dead is a pretty macabre activity. When you lose sight of that then that is the time to hang up your guns and start stamp collecting. I appreciate the mentality of those who enjoy killing and like to make it as sterile as possible. I'd be a liar if I said paper punching gave me as much satisfaction as killing a pest. That's my bloodlust, nothing more, nothing less. Same as you. If I could drop everything on the spot then of course I would. As I said, you have to be some kind of sick in the head nutter to want to anything other. But it doesn't work that way all the time. How many of you have poisoned rats or mice? Or found half a leg in a trap? You think that is a clean instant kill? Is it that Mr bunny looks back at you with those Watership Down eyes that makes the distinction between what is an acceptable instant drop and what isn't? Would you always take a deer with a headshot? Or H/L him then track him? Where is the line drawn exactly? Gas a house full of insects? They crawl back to the nest and die slowly? At what point do we say that's too cruel? Must have a fluffy toy in the house that represents what we are shooting to make distinction? Must have seen a cuddly film first to say A or B is ok to kill them? At what scale of animal do you draw the line before your emotional connection is made? We kill things. We try to do it as effectively as possible. I'd much rather see a rabbit drop on the spot than not. I also take satisfaction from knowing a good body shot will kill it in a minute. Whether it drops on the spot to confirm that or can make it back to the hole. I don't need that visual confirmation to know that the job has been done. I've been doing it too long to need that affirmation.

Look back at the knee jerk post that Mr Pog' made. It's the classic " Oh no, Mr bunny didn't die on the spot". Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. Does if that is your days shooting. Great! Enjoy that for what it is if that's the aim of the days shooting. But don't be climbing down my throat when I post that shooting is often more than that.

Ok, one last post from me on this subject( I hope...) Look Chaps, shooting things dead is a pretty macabre activity. When you lose sight of that then that is the time to hang up your guns and start stamp collecting. I appreciate the mentality of those who enjoy killing and like to make it as sterile as possible. I'd be a liar if I said paper punching gave me as much satisfaction as killing a pest. That's my bloodlust, nothing more, nothing less. Same as you. If I could drop everything on the spot then of course I would. As I said, you have to be some kind of sick in the head nutter to want to anything other. But it doesn't work that way all the time. How many of you have poisoned rats or mice? Or found half a leg in a trap? You think that is a clean instant kill? Is it that Mr bunny looks back at you with those Watership Down eyes that makes the distinction between what is an acceptable instant drop and what isn't? Would you always take a deer with a headshot? Or H/L him then track him? Where is the line drawn exactly? Gas a house full of insects? They crawl back to the nest and die slowly? At what point do we say that's too cruel? Must have a fluffy toy in the house that represents what we are shooting to make distinction? Must have seen a cuddly film first to say A or B is ok to kill them? At what scale of animal do you draw the line before your emotional connection is made? We kill things. We try to do it as effectively as possible. I'd much rather see a rabbit drop on the spot than not. I also take satisfaction from knowing a good body shot will kill it in a minute. Whether it drops on the spot to confirm that or can make it back to the hole. I don't need that visual confirmation to know that the job has been done. I've been doing it too long to need that affirmation.

Look back at the knee jerk post that Mr Pog' made. It's the classic " Oh no, Mr bunny didn't die on the spot". Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. Does if that is your days shooting. Great! Enjoy that for what it is if that's the aim of the days shooting. But don't be climbing down my throat when I post that shooting is often more than that.

as i said originally, a total disgrace to the sport of shooting.

i really dont think anything more needs to be said on this subject. with an attitude like that, should you really be shooting.

how anyone can defend that statement is totally beyond me.

Has anyone tried an "up the ****" shot?

Whatever floats yer boat, I suppose :oops:

I think we can all agree that stooting live quarry is a messy business, we do our best to get a clean kill but sometimes it just dosent work out that way - no matter what shot you take. Anyone that dosen't CARE whether they kill or maim shouldn't shoot anything but clays.

Has anyone tried an "up the ****" shot?

It works on roosting pigeons as long as you get it right in the nipsy.

Then again, I haven't seen many rabbits in trees.

not tried it meself mate, as most of my pigeon shooting is with shotgun, but a bloke named "mad denis the ratman" who lived in our street up until a few years ago often mentioned it. i was never sure if he was joking or not, until one night i went with him to a well known bog, bath, and sink manufacturers factory and he demonstrated the shot on a high % of the 200+ feral pigeons i witnessed him shoot that night B) B)

he got tagged with the name "mad denis the ratman" because he worked for stoke council pest control dept for 40 years :lol: :lol:

not tried it meself mate, as most of my pigeon shooting is with shotgun, but a bloke named "mad denis the ratman" who lived in our street up until a few years ago often mentioned it. i was never sure if he was joking or not, until one night i went with him to a well known bog, bath, and sink manufacturers factory and he demonstrated the shot on a high % of the 200+ feral pigeons i witnessed him shoot that night B) B)

he got tagged with the name "mad denis the ratman" because he worked for stoke council pest control dept for 40 years :lol: :lol:

It works well Steve, probably the best shot for close range roosting birds, you should see the eyes bulging when you pick them up, A bit like the bloke who found George Michael peering through the crapper door.