pumps

GingerCat

Pumps are fine in the hide, your still not braking the gun and once you are used to pumping the gun you havent any thing to worry about !

SIH - I cant see you snapping a trigger ! If you did yourd of been using way to much force on the trigger and should of realised that before braking it ! Its no different to accidently leaving the safety on..... You dont just keep pulling on it !

Get a pump action and it will keep a silly grin of satisfaction on your face with it also free of charge !

If the weather plays ball this sunday I plan to clay shoot with my 20bore mossberg 500 pump !

ATB

Matt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it! Pumps are great to shoot, quite quickly you will not even think about pumping it it just happens subconsciously. Easy to strip and clean, easy to reload in a hide just feed shells in underneath. I had a Mossberg 500 before the Hungerford massacre, handed it in under the buyback program. Now have a Magtech 5-shot on a FAC-1, they are made in Brazil. Absolutely deadly on 1/2 choke. Bought it from A E Clarke in Camberley.

The only problem is they are not in the stiff British culture! Cheers

I am so refreshed by this post. I use to use a pump when they were frowned on by nearly everyone!

I remember taking a Winny 1300 to a walked up pheasant day, that got some frowns, shot as good as everyone else.

Had a gent start on at me about how pumps and auto's can't be broken and easily made safe blah blah and then I reminded him his super imposed under his arm was not broken!!

All guns are hot! Thats all we have to remember no matter what action they are.

U :)