Daystate Huntsman

Eskoky

I'm considering splashing out and getting one of these - does anyone have one and what do you think of them - are they worth the money? I've always had springers, but now I'm thinking if you can't beat them..... All the professional reviews are very complimentary.

Any helpful reviews would be great and also any recommendation on scopes for this gun. I will be using it for rabbit, rats etc as well as a little plinking.

best air rifle i have ever owned,,light,, accurate,,and all you need and more from a PCP, built to last and the Daystate aftersales is second to none,you dont need the expensive scopes to go on them as your normally only shooting max 40yrds sub 12ftlb

I have seven PCP Rifles plus Springers.

Hatsan AT44 10 W..22

Logun Pro MK1..22

Logun Solo .22

Logun Solo .177

Falcon FN19 .22

BSA Super ten Bull Barrel .177

Daystate Huntsman FTR. .177. It will out shoot all the above.

The above are all very accurate and very good quality Rifles.

But cannot match the Daystate for being accurate at long range.

Saying that it is a FTR Rifle.( Field Target Rifle.)

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

Im considering getting one myself in .20 myself. I think daystate is the only brand of pcp i havnt had, i dont like the weight and size of the likes of the air ranger/wolf.

As for scopes im a big mtc fan. Its all i use now. If you want a good hunting scope i would say go with the mtc viper connect. Huge field of view, very clear and a nice fine reticle. Will easy go down to 5 yards for your rats upto 60 yards for everything else veeery comfortably. I currently have 2 of them and 2 mamba lites

I have a Daystate Huntsman in .22 @ 30ftlb and its awesome, love it to peices and wouldn't be without it, if I had to give up my FAC then I would sell the action and get a new huntsman action in sub 12ftlb and put it into my current stock or get my current rifle turned down to 12ftlb !

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

its a 3 x 9 x 56 EG,it says Bushnell on it but its not a Bushnell its a copy. i got it off flea bay for £27 new.. it is a great little scope for an air rifle and great in low light conditions and i also use it for my camera work

I cant see how you would struggle to mount a bi-pod ! I have chosen not to though as am so in love with the wood of mine i dont want it damaging ! But I may one day give in.

Am just saving for some nice glass to put on top of it, I have Hawke on it ucrrently and like it but with such an awsome bit of kit it really deserves a better scope !

With silencers i struggle to tell the differnce between them all 90% of the time ! I dont think it matters to the quarry either, I have a MK4 on my MK4 and the MK5 on my Huntsman, both work very well and am happy with both !

The other silcer brand I really rate are AWT`s (dad has one on his AAs410 and thats brillient too)

ATB

Matt

yes mate is a great air rifle for the money. i have ione in .177 with a bushnell scope on. the only thing i can nock them for is the magnatized air filler cap with the rubber o-ring in them. I have lost two of them creeping around the fields. so i bought yet another one but leave in the draw. just got a tyre valve cap pushed over it to keep the water out. spoken with daystate about this told em to thread the cap like proper air rifles.

How does the huntsman compare with the s410 evo?

to be honest my s410 is a cracking little gun and great to take out hunting but the one thing that stands out between the two is the build quality, i cant fault the s410 at all but once you hold and use the Huntsman it really is in a totally different league to the s410

when i got the s410 i was very impressed how accurate it was and was happy with how the magazine worked , it has a beech stock and felt ok when cocking it, but then i bought the Huntsman (new) the smoothness of the cocking mechanism is unreal, you can certainly feel the difference between the two i would honestly say that up to 35yrds i dont find much difference in accuracy but once beyond this the Huntsman comes into its own

the huntsman also has a walnut stock, and the total feel and balance of the gun really is exeptional,i certainly rate the s410 but on feel and overall smoothness of the huntsman classic it defo comes out on top

i also found the s410 loves AA field pellets but my huntsman does not do as well with them and prefers the JSB 15.89 gr

to be honest my s410 is a cracking little gun and great to take out hunting but the one thing that stands out between the two is the build quality, i cant fault the s410 at all but once you hold and use the Huntsman it really is in a totally different league to the s410

when i got the s410 i was very impressed how accurate it was and was happy with how the magazine worked , it has a beech stock and felt ok when cocking it, but then i bought the Huntsman (new) the smoothness of the cocking mechanism is unreal, you can certainly feel the difference between the two i would honestly say that up to 35yrds i dont find much difference in accuracy but once beyond this the Huntsman comes into its own

the huntsman also has a walnut stock, and the total feel and balance of the gun really is exeptional,i certainly rate the s410 but on feel and overall smoothness of the huntsman classic it defo comes out on top

i also found the s410 loves AA field pellets but my huntsman does not do as well with them and prefers the JSB 15.89 gr

Thanks evo, I'm thinking about buying a daystate but I've never shot one.

Your in for a treat mate.

I loved my S410 but after seeing and using my mate's Air Ranger i simply had to get one.

I PX my S410 for a Air Ranger at my local gunshop and thought it was a risk but the risk payed off cos these Air Ranger rifles are nothing short of Superb!

I rate Daystate rifles very highly indeed so whichever model you purchase i dont think you'll be disappointed one bit.

ATB.

the huntsman will not let you down it is very light and an absolute pleasure to use , the next gun on my list is the air ranger this is again at the top of the tree where air rifles are concerned,if your looking for pure quality then daystate rifles offer it,the huntsman really is a mile above the s410 but when this years midland game fair pops up i,ll be coming back with the air ranger(new) been putting the pennies away and cant wait to own one,

the huntsman is lighter but the air ranger raises the bar even more than the huntsman