BSA LIGHTENING SPRING

-markie-

belive me an ox spring will not do you any favopurs :D yes it will increase the power but the recoil will make it a very incurate rifle.

You best bet is to get a theoben gas ram fitted, these are around the £55 mark and they turn it into a very nice little rifle.

Failing that if you go to the chambers web site, i have heard that if you send them a cheque and the part number you want they will send it out, but there is no contact with chambers himself due to ill health. Its his family that are running things at the moment with no trouble.

hope this helps you out a little

ROB :good:

I've no experience of the Lightning but I fitted an Oxbow spring to a Webley longbow - it upped power but broke the damper in a week due to the square section spring giving a shotgun spread. Try John Knibbs, Birmingham for air gun spares, hes the lad or as the other chap said go for a Theoben gas ram, they are fixed output not like the adjustable HW90 power level which are very good.

Tip when fitting go easy, I made a strap on the barrel and put my foot in the botton loop to compress the spring on the Longbow, if you are good at engineering go for it , if not get somebody to fit the replacement.

BSA LIGHTENING

I really loved this little gun until.........................................my mate cocked the rifle and caught the trigger whilst the gun was cocked........result........one bent barrel; and one cracked stock on my mark 11....now its ******.

Very disaapointed that BSA did fit and anti-bare trap :lol::good:

I just don't understand why such a reputable gun maker like BSA didn't design it with one in mind.....this is a new model...yes ..its reasonably priced..but surely it can be taht expensive to fit ABT.......not to mention the saftey aspect........

I suppose it was my fault for not checking....... :lol: :look:

hate to say this but very few rifles actualy do have an anti bear trap, even if they do its always best to asume they dont.

ALWAYS HOLD THE COCKING LEVER WHEN LOADING ANY SPRING RIFLE!

There really is no substitution for safe handling of any rifle, anything mechanical can fail, but safe practise will always ensure things stay safe :look:

In 3 years i have been goign to a club I have known someone shoot them selves, they put a loaded pistol on the bench knocked it off and tried to catch it. If he hadnt put it down loaded he wouldnt have shot himself LOL

ROB :lol: