spotting scope for field use

deadeye

i need a spotting scope that will do the following:

1-hand held----not used on a tripod or stand

2- reasonably portable. something you could easily carry in the field in a field bag

3-rubberized outter coating for durability and quietness

4-needs to be powerful enough to use at a rifle shooting range for spotting bullet holes while sighting in

a centerfire rifle. currently using a nikon 8X42 binoculars and the 12 power scope on my rifle. of course this does not work all that well alot of times

5-the use would be 100 yard rifle shooting mainly for sighting in and field work. lots of times i am positioned in a hide to shoot pigeons and crows and wildlife of various types will appear out 300 to 500 yards. would be great to watch them. also great for all types of shooting, nature viewing, etc.

i would like to get something that is a good value for the money, but that will work for what i have specified. any suggestions (makes and model #'s) will be much appreciated.

Keep your eyes out for the £25 60x magnification one from Aldi/Lidl (can't remember which). It should be fine for 100 yards and comes with a tripod you can use on the range. Plus, if you drop it in the field and break it, you aren't so likely to burst into tears :)

Keep your eyes out for the £25 60x magnification one from Aldi/Lidl (can't remember which). It should be fine for 100 yards and comes with a tripod you can use on the range. Plus, if you drop it in the field and break it, you aren't so likely to burst into tears :)

:stupid:

I agree.Its perfect for 100mtr,can cope with 200mtrs if you squint a wee bit,but thats its limit.