HOW TO REST A SPRINGER PUP ?

JohnFreeman1310

well been to the vest and oscar has hurt his knee so anti inflammatory pills for 5 days but how do i rest him other than keeping him in his cage all day ?

any tips would be appreciated i dont want to make him misarable but i need this knee to fully heal.

also he is 16 and abit weeks old so this is going to be difficult .

well been to the vest and oscar has hurt his knee so anti inflammatory pills for 5 days but how do i rest him other than keeping him in his cage all day ?

any tips would be appreciated i dont want to make him misarable but i need this knee to fully heal.

also he is 16 and abit weeks old so this is going to be difficult .

So it was a bit more than sore pads from that walking then, the answer is easy just leave it be

I knew it wasn't his pads as he is always walked on soft grass but I said I don't want to cause him harm as he will be my first gun dog. I have had dogs most my life westies, lurcher x ECT but the vet says its not bad there's no movement in the join just a very Likely just nicked it a little so I'll meet you posted hopefully with good news!

So it was a bit more than sore pads from that walking then, the answer is easy just leave it be

kongs filled with his daily food allowance should keep him busy for some time.

Another vote for the kong.

If you boil and egg and squeeze it in - takes them forever to get it out! Also dry food and cheese - in the microwave for a few seconds till melted - leave to cool - sorted. My dogs favourite is cooked meat slices, primula cheese - all packed together then frozen. Love the stuff!