Zeroing with parallax

ROY

Just bought myself a Air Arms S410 with a Hawke Eclipse 4-12 X 50 with paralax. I wanted to zero the scope, dont have that much room in the garden 15 yards realistically that i can use. So can i set the paralax to 15 yds and zero like that???

Turn your mag up full then turn the pa until clear . Mark your pa at said range and carry on doing this different ranges .

Zero scope using bdc on top ( bullet drop compensator) and mark each range to correspond with pa .

In future then you turn pa until clear on a random Target and set bdc to match :):) always on zero :):)

Download chairgun pro , it will do all the hard work for you , dont know what cal you have but if its .177 with a light pellet if zeroed at 15 yards the your secondary zero will be around 35 off the top of my head.

Good Call Fen!

These are rough figures for my .177, which produces about 11.5 ft/lb

8.4 AA Field @ 15 yds = 34yds

7.9 Crosman Acupell = 36yds

8.5 H&N FTT = 34yds

8.44 JSB exact = 34yds

8.3 RWS superdome = 32yds

(10.5 Bisley Magnums = 29yds)

.22 will be a bit more tricky; zeroing in at 15yds won't give you such a nice double zero point as you get with the .177. Instead, at that range you end up with 15yds being at the crest of the arc. you might get a second true zero at about 20 yds, but not a great deal more than that!

Edited by chrisjpainter

Thanks for the advice lads am very new to zeroing scopes and think ill be best zeroing it properly at 30 yds and going from there, will take it to me game shoot on saturday and find a quiet spot in a field after the shoot. Its seems a lot more complicated than i thought. Not even sure how to use the paralax properly!!

Oh its .22 flavour by the way.

Edited by ROY