Grayling Fishing Sth/Yorks

frankydiver

No need for day tickets. If you turn off the A61 at Owlerton Greyhound Stadium and continue down that road until you come to the river bridge you can park there and fish upstream or down on about 2 miles of river where it is free fishing. It is very picturesque as you can see in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3y2vETIwaY

:)

There are also free stretches on Beeley Wood Road and Club Mill Road near to Tackle2Fish tackle shop.

i know this stretch its next to the haul bridge at the bassets allsorts factory down stream of hillsbrough football ground.also very good is the stretch at outibridge along side of the cricket club(i would fish this bit first)

Edited by chefy

Used to fish the don up in the hills in Sheff/Barnsley when we were 10-11 with my auntis ex fella. It's absolutely stuffed with browns and small grayling.. I'd love to go back but can never remember where it is!

As I remember it, thee was a small bridge before a village, there was some sort of park or something behind it. Carpark on right hand side of the bridge and fished on the left. Was a big back eddy after a really narrow section under the bridge made with stone blocks.

Used to be loads of people walking the opposite bank so I'm guessing it may be up saddle worth way? Any ideas anyone? I know it's **** info but I was only ten!