Major Car Problems 206 1.4 HDI

Muddy Funker

what type of injectors has the engine got? as its HDl i would say it has oil seals somewhere in the mix also the copper sealing washers give this problem at the bottom of the injectors. The best thing to use to remove engine oil from a cooling system is a dishwasher tablet. and run the engine to operating temp drain and flush with clean water. Thats what we use on Cat earthmovers and some of them cost in excess of £100,000 for an engine if its good enough for fine crystal glass its good enough for an engine. Hope this helps. if you need any more info drop me a mail.

Unsure about the type of injector but they are readily available on the bay along with seals, defo will try the dishwasher tablets, any type lol.

I take it they can mix with aluminium?

Agreed, particulary when you have effectively told him that it was blown HG that needed doing. You also, I assume, agreed to the price before he did all the work?

Hmm, not exactly which is my own fault. Bearing in mind he was a fully qualified Pug mechanic and still keeps his hand in I assumed that if I was saying something totally idiotic he would have said.

It's not like I said it's defo the head gasket, we both agreed that it was most likely.

Personally I would be going down the oil cooler route before going Rambo on the engine. I've not got personal experience with that engine but I have seen numerous faults like this where the oil cooler goes and leaks oil into the coolant although you have lost a hell of a lot of oil. Most of the coolers are sealed by O rings which have a habit of perishing and letting go which could have been caused with the increased pressures when your car overheated. Pick one up s/h and try that first.

If not then I would suspect a warped / cracked head or a cheap / faulty / wrong headgasket, I guess that it won't cost anything to strip the head so you may as well have a look so at least the can discount the latter. Was the person who did the skim reputable?

He did torque the headbolts, didn't he :whistling:

Haha, the head bolts were changed and torqued. Head skim is reputable as again my mate uses him all the time. Oil cooler seems promising just need to find one locally.

When the internal seal fails because oil pressure can be upto five bar and water pressure only one bar when the engine is warm oil passes into the water galleries. An engine flush from the likes of halfords in the cooling system should clean out any oil residue.

Thanks, I've got about three different ones, think I'll need them with the amount of oil in the coolant. It's a disaster zone.

Yes they crack internally always used to be a regular issue on older peugeots and it suggests nothing has changed. Out of interest did you see the old head gasket a failure should be fairly obvious

I did actually look at the gasket and to be honest it didn't look as though it had failed anywhere.

I assumed that it was most likely the head warped a minute amount causing the failure. As soon as the head was lifted out, gunk just poured into the cylinders and over the gasket.

But there certainly wasn't anything stand out obvious on the gasket no.

Oil cooler first I think will be the way forward, flush system. Fill with oil and check.

If it does it again, it'll be a re think. Prob engine swap.