Yorkshire Driven days available/roving syndicate formation

Hi guys

I'm new to here and will be making the most of this site for my decoying. However this thread is in relation to some days which i have available for safe guns on some driven days around Yorkshire.

The days consist of 150 birds being made up of pheasant and partridge. The days are likely to be available for 9 guns and the dates are yet to be announced i am gauging interested parties for the 2013/2014 season.

On the days potentially a cooked breakfast, lunch and other perks such as sloe gin/champagne will be provided to make your days as enjoyable as possible although safety and quality of sport is paramount I want you to enjoy your day above all else.

On the day photography comes free of charge, either myself or assistant will capture your day with printouts being provided free of charge on request and a facebook page available with all the uploads.

The shoots are a friendly affair with challenging birds from cover crops and woods to add variety to the shooting.

The shoot days are available to groups or individual guns. Should a group wish to form a roving syndicate and shoot between a few shoots in the area this can also be negotiated.

The days will cost between £480 and £500 with overages available again to be negotiated.

Please contact me if at all interested and i will provide more information and answer any questions

Ben Thurlow

Sounds OK, but there does not seem to be any USP here. At £30 / bird + overages + tips, there is already plenty of shooting to choose from, so unless someone is dissatisfied with their current shooting and looking for somewhere new then there is no real incentive.

Not wishing to be negative, as it does sound like fun, but you are in a crowded marketplace.

I've had quite abit of interest so far. In terms if pricing for the escrick and surrounding Yorkshire driven days 4-450 is about on par excluding extras. Appreciate your views however. For ease of shooting and experience on the day with everything included the price will inevitably be slightly higher. In terms of rough shooting it is always a lower price than a fully organised driven day especially for bags of 150 plus. Most shoots for 100 bird days of driven pheasant are looking for between 200-300. Days offered at 200 should be snatched up straight away ha.

Cheers guys

Escrick?

Just supposing you can get the cost down to £25 + overages or £30 with no overages, Get the bag down to 100 birds pegged for 12 instead of 9 then you will have some fair quality driven shooting for £250 / gun, (at this price range there is not much choice) for those who don't need to shoot a great number but just enjoy the day. Then you will have a USP, and I for one would definately be interested. I'm 5 miles from Escrick.

Edited by donk

I will ask about 100 bird days however he's not been keen to run them in the past plus once you get into lower bird bags the keepers tend to ask more per bird. It would be a USP because they nigh on don't exist for fully organised driven shooting. In terms of pricing and overages with the shoot they tend to be set price days so you pay the full sum regardless for example last season a day shot 182 and no extra was charged. And yes john fantastic shooting not extreme birds but challenging and mostly partridge.