2 or 3 things off one battery ?

THE GRIFF

I was just wondering from you lot with experience how you have wired one battery to power 2 or 3 things, for example a magnet and a couple of flappers?

Do you just use spade end/bullet connectors, cocodile clips, cigaret sockets or do you have some other way of doing it?

I was looking at maybe one lead from the battery going into a small junction box with 3 outputs all switched individually but am unsure on what type of connection to put on the end of the 3 leads coming out, I could just use spade connectors or cigaret sockets but wondered if there is another option that is sturdy and compact.

Why?

Or to put is simply WHY would you want to run wires to 2/3 units that very lightly will be a good distance apart, all pulling power from one battery?

Keep it simple…flappers will run on the very small battery’s that is supplied with them and a rotary needs at least one 7ah to run it over 3-4 hours

Decoying is hard enough with out a Frankenstein’s monster of a wiring loom to go wrong!!!

TEH

Why?

Or to put is simply WHY would you want to run wires to 2/3 units that very lightly will be a good distance apart, all pulling power from one battery?

Keep it simple…flappers will run on the very small battery’s that is supplied with them and a rotary needs at least one 7ah to run it over 3-4 hours

Decoying is hard enough with out a Frankenstein’s monster of a wiring loom to go wrong!!!

TEH

At the moment I would only want to run a flapper and a magnet, i was looking at possibly getting a lithium battery to run a magnet for a good session and thought it might be an idea to run the flapper off it as well. I am trying to keep the weight of my gear down as much as possible and thought one lithium battery would knock a big chunk off the weight compared to the 12ah lead acid and the 2.7ah I have at the moment.

At the moment I would only want to run a flapper and a magnet, i was looking at possibly getting a lithium battery to run a magnet for a good session and thought it might be an idea to run the flapper off it as well. I am trying to keep the weight of my gear down as much as possible and thought one lithium battery would knock a big chunk off the weight compared to the 12ah lead acid and the 2.7ah I have at the moment.

In the end you can carry the most basic and light weight kit you can make or buy, however have a red letter day and shoot a 100 + pigeons then the few pounds you struggled to shave off your kit will make no difference in the 2 extra trips you will make carrying back all those birds….!!

TEH