need to prove my cocker. east yorkshire

cockercas

this isnt an add.

i need to get my cocker dog proven.

if anyone is/knows of anyone planning a litter of cocker spaniels or cocker crosses send me a pm.

im not after a fortune and my dog will be clear of certen hereditary conditions

i have the mother and shes health tested and it can not be passed down.

thanks.

If you read the op, he has a clean bill of health for heredioty spainel conditions.

All tho im not spending the four figure sum (like i have on the mother)on the tests yet, even tho he carnt fail them as theres no point if he dosent produce pups.

I could mention his pedigree/abilty but i wont because i carnt be bothered to type it.

Money? Who mentioned money?

Edited by cockercas

Set health testing aside until you have established if the dog is actually worth using at stud. Plenty of good studs out there, why would someone choose yours? Is it particularly big, small, fast, biddable, calm, hard going etc etc. It's not all about FTChs for everybody, but there have be desirable attributes in your dog.

Set health testing aside until you have established if the dog is actually worth using at stud. Plenty of good studs out there, why would someone choose yours? Is it particularly big, small, fast, biddable, calm, hard going etc etc. It's not all about FTChs for everybody, but there have be desirable attributes in your dog.

Hes huge for a cocker,calm,loyal, very very easily trained.

I assumed Ftch is what the first poster was getting at.

Maybe Cockercas in his judgement, think's that it would be a good working dog to be used as a stud, I can't see why not

Yes, I can see that but would anyone else when there are so many that have demonstrated their ability in the field, in the form of trials.

The owner of the bitch chooses the dog ,not the other way round

I have got a cocker bitch due in season any time, why would i use your dog over her?. Why is he worth breeding from?

Hes geneticaly (sp) free from hereditory (sp) desise (sp) applogys for the spelling theres no spell check ob my phone.

Hes a decent dog working wise altho this is his first season.

If you are generly (sp) intrested send me a pm and il give you all the info you need.

I 'need' him proven.

If he produces pups (some dogs dont) then i will spend the small fortune on all the health tests.

Im not prepered to lay out all the money if hes not intrested in bitches.

Mate health test mean jack **** with cockers.you need to state how hes breed ie what his parents name and so on.if his ped his full of ftch hes worth studing

His pedergrie is full of FTCH.

So the dog was born to health tested parents and is in your words a decent worker even though it is in its first season working. Don't think I will bother thanks

Yes you have the jist of it now.

Providing the Dog is reasonably well bred, working lines, and the bitch is reasonably well bred, working lines, there is a good chance the pups will end up reasonable workers with the right training.

The point most people are trying to make I think is:

If you have a goodish working bitch, be it a Lab, Cocker or springer, most people would choose to take it to the best dog they can find/afford.

That is a dog that is a F.T.CH, or at least a F.T W.

This is why as a rule the sires side of a pedigree is stronger that the bitches side.

Just my opinion.

Providing the Dog is reasonably well bred, working lines, and the bitch is reasonably well bred, working lines, there is a good chance the pups will end up reasonable workers with the right training.

The point most people are trying to make I think is:

If you have a goodish working bitch, be it a Lab, Cocker or springer, most people would choose to take it to the best dog they can find/afford.

That is a dog that is a F.T.CH, or at least a F.T W.

This is why as a rule the sires side of a pedigree is stronger that the bitches side.

Just my opinion.

this is so true, but its not always the best plan for producing pups for your own needs. Suppose you have to own sire and dam to achieve this goal with your own dog, no matter how proven in his work he might well be

i lost my cocker last yr a very good bitch, when looking for a new dog i came across a cocker that was thrown undershot and was going to be put down and unregistered , needless to say the wife and kids fell in love with the story then the dog, and yes i got him , i donated £150.00 to charity for him , and even though i have copys of his brothers and sisters, i new behind him he had a good pedigree so to speak,

after 7 months the undershot had just about corrected the vets where more than happy with him when i got him with no murmours or anymore issues, he had his 12 months check up and booster last week and they gave him a good bill of health

he is one of the best workers as far as flushing and over the gun for his age i have ever had,

just started training last week, i dont want to make him a ftch, but a pigeon companion for me and a good companion/pet for my kids......