smelly dog smelly dog....

Mr Rizzini

the more you bath a dog the more and quicker it will smell again , dogs do smell its a fact . thats the joy of haveing them infact i quite like the biscuity smelling feet and kipper smelling breath

i never bath my dogs they are self cleaning , although i have been accused of getting the matey out for a soapy bubble bath after a days beating :yes: the only time that happens is if they **** the bed :lol:

Is there a "ignore a members threads" button on pigeon watch?

If you dont like my threads then you can kindly **** off, Nobody ask you to click in and read them so quit your moaning !

If I remember correctly you adviced someone to use a barking collar on one of there threads so I certainly wouldn't be taking any doggy advice from you. 120 posts in 3+ years ? You haven't excactly been helping anyone around here have you ;)

Edited by Mr Rizzini

Is there a "ignore a members threads" button on pigeon watch?

If you dont like my threads then you can kindly F## off, Nobody ask you to click in and read them so quit your moaning !

That's you told! What a nice chap.

Know idea why you would ever want to shampoo a dog, I suspect Cocker Boy thinks along similar lines.

That's you told! What a nice chap.

Know idea why you would ever want to shampoo a dog, I suspect Cocker Boy thinks along similar lines.

Why wouldn't you shampoo your dogs then?

Do you also believe that using bark collars is a good thing? Why would you bother shampooing your own hair or getting a bath or shower youself then?

I personally don't shampoo my dog and never have, but she does gets a showering down with water if she is muddy. I think the wet dog smell is unpleasant but very short lived and totally gone when they are dry, and the benefits a dog gets from its natural skin oils outweigh any negatives that we may find.

But if the smell is becoming a problem then shampooing may be an possible answer, but once you start shampooing a dog you may have to carry on as they won't like licking themselves too much afterwards and their natural balance of skin oils will take a while to get back to normal.

It would be difficult to put an exact number but I kept a kennel of terriers for 20 years.I would have anywhere up to 12 and they all spent time in the house on a rota basis. If they were particularly dirty they went under the hose in the yard

I have 2 Labs and a Cocker at present and they spend as much time in the house as the kennel

Why wouldn't you shampoo your dogs then?

Do you also believe that using bark collars is a good thing? Why would you bother shampooing your own hair or getting a bath or shower youself then?

Dogs have natural oils in their coats, shampoo will remove these. At most mine might get washed off with a hose or a swim in the river. They're bedded in tea bag material, so after 1/2 an hour in the kennel they're clean & dry. My six spend their time equally in the kennel / house on a rota basis.

As for the rest of your post, mindless drivel.

Edited by PERCE

If you dont like my threads then you can kindly **** off, Nobody ask you to click in and read them so quit your moaning !

If I remember correctly you adviced someone to use a barking collar on one of there threads so I certainly wouldn't be taking any doggy advice from you. 120 posts in 3+ years ? You haven't excactly been helping anyone around here have you ;)

ha ha. You ask questions a child would be embarrassed to ask. You claim to have had dogs for years?, I would not be surprised if you have spent the last couple of weeks stroking the wrong end of the dog!!!!!. Shouldn't you be bathing your dog again and giving it big kisses and cuddles??. Good luck with the dog,at least until you get bored and get rid of it.

ha ha. You ask questions a child would be embarrassed to ask. You claim to have had dogs for years?, I would not be surprised if you have spent the last couple of weeks stroking the wrong end of the dog!!!!!. Shouldn't you be bathing your dog again and giving it big kisses and cuddles??. Good luck with the dog,at least until you get bored and get rid of it.

come back to me mate when you know how to train your dogs without bark collars etc ;)

As stated before I dont know why people come on to a thread with little or no helpfull answers?

out of your 121 posts I think you have made about 6 helpfull ones, I don't know if you have heard of Tim Crothers but I

bet your training is nowhere near his standards.

I haven't got bored of my springer/pointer in the last 3.5 years so dont see why I would now ??? If you's are happy to have your homes smell of foul stinky water then thats fair enough but I like my home to be fresh and therfore will shampoo my dogs and if their skin falls off or something then I get the freezing power hose out ;)

Edited by Mr Rizzini

come back to me mate when you know how to train your dogs without bark collars etc ;)

As stated before I dont know why people come on to a thread with little or no helpfull answers?

out of your 121 posts I think you have made about 6 helpfull ones, I don't know if you have heard of Tim Crothers but I

I haven't got bored of my springer/pointer in the last 3.5 years so dont see why I would now ??? If you's are happy to have your homes smell of foul stinky water then thats fair enough but I like my home to be fresh and therfore will shampoo my dogs and if their skin falls off or something then I get the freezing power hose out ;)

Lol

Ignoring then previous handbags....I noticed a distinct reduction in "wet dog" whiff or whatever you want to call it in my springer and also my lab by bumping up the oil content in their diet. This could be complete coincidence though as I only upped the oil for my springer due to her age etc, the reduction in wet dog whiff happened to be a pleasant side effect!

never needed a bark collar , my dogs are silent at all times. I know TC well,does he know you?. Get to bed now it's school in the morning.

What oils did you use or was it combined in a different type of food?

The springer was going lame often, at first thought it was her cruciate but thankfully wasn't.

Since then she has a cod liver oil tablet in her food once a day. Could be placebo effect or coincidence but she hasn't been lame since, wet dog whiff is reduced and her coat is like "she's worth it" lol.

In all seriousness though, really seems to have made a big impact on her health. I know a fair few pickers up and keepers who tend to put olive oil Into their dogs daily feed??

Apologies for the grammar but I'm on my phone!

You know TC well then, That old chesnut lol Tim is a top class trainer and in my opinion one of the best trainers/breeders in the uk but yet would he be so negative about shampooing dogs? You guys are great. feel free to pm me your name and I ask Tim if bark collars are where you are going wrong my friend ;)

The springer was going lame often, at first thought it was her cruciate but thankfully wasn't.

Since then she has a cod liver oil tablet in her food once a day. Could be placebo effect or coincidence but she hasn't been lame since, wet dog whiff is reduced and her coat is like "she's worth it" lol.

In all seriousness though, really seems to have made a big impact on her health. I know a fair few pickers up and keepers who tend to put olive oil Into their dogs daily feed??

thanks for a great post.

That sounds like a great idea, I must get some cod liver oil tablets. Would they be suitable for a 5 1/2 month old Cocker? Do you notice a difference in shine on the coat?

I have never shampooed my dogs, apart fro some flea shampoo when they were pups. My dogs don't stay in the house, so if they did I would imagine they would get washed. I had my Springer out yesterday in awful conditions, on the journey home she had licked herself clean. I have also heard in the past that a dip in salt water is good for them, does anyone know if this is true?