Worsley - Registered Comp - 100 ESP - 03rd Feb

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shoot today. Quick to book in, no breakdowns and few queues. Hope to see more reg shoots at Worsley in the future.

There are a number planned for the near future.

I'll check the dates and post shortly.

I was the referee on stand 6, Gunner Gordon was on stand 5, and Jase (Jason) was on stand 2 (I think)

It was good to meet a number of PW members yesterday, albeit very briefly in most cases.

I hope to shoot the course on Saturday, although I understand that a couple of the stands will change.

webber

Edited by webber

There are a number planned for the near future.

I'll check the dates and post shortly.

I was the referee on stand 6, Gunner Gordon was on stand 5, and Jase (Jason) was on stand 2 (I think)

It was good to meet a number of PW members yesterday, albeit very briefly in most cases.

I hope to shoot the course on Saturday, although I understand that a couple of the stands will change.

webber

Nice to meet you without knowing I had :lol:

What targets were on your stand Webber ill remember then.

Worst I've shot in a competition, decent targets just not on form that day.

Figgy

Remember now fast crosser dropping and awkward quartering away from left rabbit. You were a good and fair ref as one of our squad had a couple of iffy no birds you were quick to call.

I let most of the clays live another day on that stand.

Figgy

Remember now fast crosser dropping and awkward quartering away from left rabbit. You were a good and fair ref as one of our squad had a couple of iffy no birds you were quick to call.

I let most of the clays live another day on that stand.

Figgy

You weren't on your own. Only a handful straighted that stand. The scores covered the full spectrum from zero to 8.

It was painful watching people that I know, some as friends, miss by a few inches and not being able to offer advice.

It was gratifying when a large number of contestants said "thanks ref" when they collected their cards and sad when the odd one just snatched them; it takes all sorts!

It was a pleasure to witness some top class shooting, and be a small part of what made the day a great success.

webber

SORRY GOOD GROUND BUT £31 FOR BIRDS ONLY REG IT WAS £28 IN DEC/2012

I remember wondering whether or not to laugh at someone who'd paid birds only... who then went on and got a score close to the 94 that won the reg comp's High Gun and the prizes, and because they were birds only, they'd excluded themselves from the prizes... for the sake of a fiver (to shoot the comp cost only £36).

Proof positive that you can't please all the people, all of the time, as there will always be whiners.

:ninja:

I remember wondering whether or not to laugh at someone who'd paid birds only... who then went on and got a score close to the 94 that won the reg comp's High Gun and the prizes, and because they were birds only, they'd excluded themselves from the prizes... for the sake of a fiver (to shoot the comp cost only £36).

Proof positive that you can't please all the people, all of the time, as there will always be whiners.

thats your choice if you got money to burn but not all shooters do Edited by remington 3200

I agree with Rem3200 and BlaserF3, costs are getting mental £36 entry fee, £40 or £50 in juice and £17 or so in carts just to shoot a reg'd these days.

Give it a few months and I can see entry fees being 40 quid, just how birds only prices are so high is beyond me but then they've got to justify the competition entry haven't they.

I for one think the best days of registered clay shooting in this country are behind us and certainly wouldn't want to be a beginner today as the costs are killing the job.

And before anyone tells me we've never had it so good, they can **** right off...

Azzurri

This is not aimed at Worsley either, just registered shooting in general.

Edited by Azzurri

I'm no expert in running a clay pigeon comp event, but from a business point of view isn't the extra cost to cover for the extra staff needed in the day and for the prizes ???

I'm no expert either; but as I understand it the CPSA take about £4 per entry, and there are the added costs of a referee for each stand and a spare to act as relief. It all adds up, and as always its the customer who pays.

webber

:ninja: thats your choice if you got money to burn but not all shooters do

"Money to burn"?

OK, so look at the amount to you paid for your gun(s); the amount you happily/begrudgingly pay for shells each week/month; the fact that you travel the country to shoot a goodly number of reg comp's; and then tell me you can't stretch to pay the difference between the £31 for birds only, and £36 for the reg comp?

And as to your claim that it was "£28 birds only in Dec 2012" - are you completely sure about that? I checked with the ground and got a different answer. The last reg comp of 2012 was on 23rd Dec 2012 and from what I can gather, the cost for birds only was the same the 03rd Feb reg com.

I fully appreciate that shooters come in all shapes and depths of wallet - but denying yourself the prizes for the sake of a fiver, when you're clearly good enough to take on the AA's on the day just seems like parsimony.

worsley is the only ground in lancashire for reg sporting, now catton last year was £25 birds only reg

i have shot at worsley ground a lot going back as far as 1995 i paid £28 bird only last year for 100 reg bird only.

i am a full comp member and shoot at oak edge, kingleys moor, coiniston.catton hall, my vise is worsley is asking to much

for it cpsa reg shoot this year and by the way if i want to shoot birds only so be it i have pad the cpsa the full comp rate £63

to do all reg shoots comp/or bird's only

I only go birds only as I'm not a CPSA member.

I am with BASC with my Wildfowling club,to pay sixty odd quid to join to go competition for the six or seven shoots at most I can get to in a year is not worth it to me.

I thoroughly enjoy shooting the targets and seeing different grounds with friends who are members, at some point in future I will join, planned on this year but other commitments stop me.

Figgy