Any experience of LanTac / Lanner Tactical

Mikaveli

I'm considering getting either a custom SIG 522 or 'L'AR-15 in .22LR from Lan Tac.

Has anyone had any experience with them? What's their customer service like, product quality, lead times etc.

I've found plenty of info on their competitors, but very little on them.

Any help would be appreciated. :good:

Save some money and get a nice S&W M&P15-22, shoots just as well as the Sig and is more customisable with all the AR15 options available :)

LanTac have a good reputation but when I asked about a new 300aac Blackout straight pull it was at least a 3 month wait and almost double the price of one from Mark Bradley.

Save some money and get a nice S&W M&P15-22, shoots just as well as the Sig and is more customisable with all the AR15 options available :)

LanTac have a good reputation but when I asked about a new 300aac Blackout straight pull it was at least a 3 month wait and almost double the price of one from Mark Bradley.

I thought the M&P 15-22 was a cheaper rifle (that's not a criticism - I just don't know about it)? What material is the upper and lower made from - are they milspec? Also does it use a proprietary magazine or can I use black-dogs etc?

I don't specifically have my heart set on a SIG 522, I just thought it was supposed to be one of the best (off the shelf). Ideally I'm looking for something not too ammo fussy, that'll be able to achieve sub-inch groups (from bench rest) at 50m.

the M&P is a very good rifle! its all made out of polymer appart from the barrel and trigger group! extremely customisable and a great bit of fun!

From what I've read, a lot of US guys like them, but the main reason they go for a 15-22 above a SIG 522 is because it mirrors the controls / handling of their AR-15's.

For me, that's not an issue - I just want a good .22 black rifle.

I don't like the idea of an all-polymer construction or proprietary mags either - so I think I'll leave the S&W.

Lan Tac products certainly look the business. They supply both their own .22 Raven and a 'tickled' version of the CMMG. I've handled both. They are expensive and the lead times are 16 - 18 weeks on a custom build. I certainly would not compare their products with most of the other 'off-the-shelf' or 'out of the box' offerings. Anschutz barrels and match chambering are part of the package on their own model. Definitely, a long term investment!

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/02/2019 at 22:33, Raja Clavata said:

Does anyone have any up to date info on / experience with Lantac. They no longer do the CMMG but are now selling a LA-SF15 in .22lr which is a cheaper option than their Raven whilst still based on the AR15 platform?

Thanks in advance

I don’t have any direct experience of the LASF but I have on order a Lantac Raven in .223. There’s not a lot to touch it here in the uk. The main difference between the one you mention ant the Raven is basically the receivers. The Raven is milled from solid billet where the other is forged. Have a look at their website. 

I have an M&P 15-22 and I have zero complaints with it. And it’s about a 1/4 of the price of a Raven and what mags are Arguably the best .22 ARs in the country running? 15-22 mags. There’s obviously a reason for that, they’re readily available, reliable and hold 25 rounds as opposed to the 20 the Black Dog ones hold. 

If I had the cash I’d be buying a Lantac Raven, if I didn’t have £2200 to dump into a .22 I’d be buying a 15-22. 

Edited by Sco77w
Typos

Both the Raven and the LA-SF15 use the CMMG bolt.  The LA-SF15 uses the CMMG barrel blank with the 'tight' / Blitz(?) chambering done by Lantac.  They are also now supplied with the S&W magazine and a housing / insert which fits inside the mag. well to accept the S&W magazine.

I have the Raven - Lothar Walther barrel and a friend of mine has just purchased the LA-SF15 - they both shoot one hole groups with any half decent ammunition.  Std. CCI functions fine; high-velocity is not required.