Who on here has a 12g 24" Mossberg 500?

Markbrowning

Sorry got confused when writting the post, although my 28" is vented and ribbed what I meant to say I'm after a ribbed 24" barrel.

I know you can get the 24" slug barrel with rifle sights. However I was after a normal ribbed one. I know you can get them in the USA but haven't seen one in the UK

I didn't know that browning chokes fit! Which is nice seeing as I also have a Browning :)

klatuveradanikto - where did you get your barrel and heat shield from and how much??

As posted before I think you can order it from saddlery & gun room but It would be £220 and a few months wait to come from the US.

Would quite like to pick up second hand or somehow get it cheaper. As mentioned at that price you can buy something else. I have a hushpower moderated barrel for the 500 as well so would quote like to complete the collection

klatuveradanikto - where did you get your barrel and heat shield from and how much??

As posted before I think you can order it from saddlery & gun room but It would be £220 and a few months wait to come from the US.

Would quite like to pick up second hand or somehow get it cheaper. As mentioned at that price you can buy something else. I have a hushpower moderated barrel for the 500 as well so would quote like to complete the collection

I bought it as a job lot with the 24-28 and a hushpower barrel which i sold as i had no need for it, all came to around the £400 mark. The heat shields are easily available from Midway approx £30 -£40 as for the breacher attachment (which is never going to be used as a breacher tool but i like the looks of it ) i had this imported from King Armoury in the USA.

Edited by klatuveradanikto

Bought it all from one of the gun trader sites can't remember which one it was advertised on but it was all from a private seller near Manchester . As for the barrel it is smooth down it's entire lenght and had a bead on the end of it not sure what model ,thats it. By the way just looked at ebay USA theres loads of ribbed 24 inch barrels for sale ,

"Land Of The Free" to right they are .

Well I gave them a call. They only stock 24" barrels that have a fix cylinder choke which is no good for me. If I wanted a multi choke barrel I would be waiting months and months for one to come in from the USA. They are £220 which is very pricey and not willing to pay that.

So if anyone has one they are looking to get rid, then please let me know :)

What dont you like about the c-lect system?

I looked into getting a ribbed barrel for mine also but the price makes it unrealistic.

I might trade in my old girl for a new synth 500 :/

Hi buddy to be honest I think I fiddle with it too much ,it plays on my mind also just don't like the look feel of it

Atb

it does look odd, like a huge rifle muzzle, I kind of hate but like the look all at the same time... odd as I say :)

I only adjust if I'm moving through areas that need it, where i shoot I can be in bush/tree type area one minute then walking across a field the next, so I'll open it up for in the bush where things happen closer in and close it up if out in the open where a tighter pattern might be an advantage... but to be frank... I dunno if it makes a huge amount of difference :)

Edited by thepasty

• 5 years later...