Job rant

rustybucket

I'm getting really disheartened in my search for a new job as all I keep hearing is I'm under qualified or over qualified or not enough experience but if no body is willing to take you on how are you going to get qualified?! I've got 2 months left before I'm gonna loose my job and I feel like I'm gonna be stuck on the dole at this rate!

Rant over! do feel slightly better for this lol

mate i was out of work for a year , nearly killed me signing on with some right degenerates, a fella offered me two weeks work for a bit of cash to help me out at xmas, been working for him now for 3 and a half years, keep your chin up fella. cheers matt

my business has dropped by 60% being self employed i stand no chance of claiming dole... the government has asked all local authorities to cut back by 20% 3 of my main contractors worked for hospitals, councils, etc etc ..i do wish you well in your search and i do understand your rant..but many of us are struggling

It's not like I've got qualification coming out of the yin yang either lol and it's not like or been applying for 60k a year jobs either 12 of the 18 jobs I've applied for today alone have been only just able minimum wage but fingers crossed I've even been trying with the clients I've been dealing with but to no avail I'm sure something will come up eventually if not I can become one of the regulars down the job centre but will be able to spend more time with my son

I'm getting really disheartened in my search for a new job as all I keep hearing is I'm under qualified or over qualified or not enough experience but if no body is willing to take you on how are you going to get qualified?! I've got 2 months left before I'm gonna loose my job and I feel like I'm gonna be stuck on the dole at this rate!

Rant over! do feel slightly better for this lol

In the same boat there m8 iv tried every from knacker yards all sorts of apprenticeships is all about Experience as u said

Well I trained to be a gamekeeper (lackham college) was working as a beat keeper for a couple of year most my job when the recession hit got into security through a mate worked my way up to area supervisor and with this last firm I'm in a business expansion role with lots of other responsibilities as well (too many to list lol)

Anything that will keep a roof over my head and my family fed to be honest.

I loved keep wrong but been out of it for 4 years and a number of the keepering jobs I applied for have told me that the break was too long and my experience is no longer relevant.

I have enjoyed the business expansion role as its very frustrating but also rewarding and I enjoy it.

I will try my hand to practically anything as I don't see any job as below me and always enjoy a new challenge/learning a new skill set but my with my age (25) I can't get an apprenticeship or anything like that to learn a new trade without spending out silly money with no guarantee of a job at the end of it

Anything that will keep a roof over my head and my family fed to be honest.

I loved keep wrong but been out of it for 4 years and a number of the keepering jobs I applied for have told me that the break was too long and my experience is no longer relevant.

I have enjoyed the business expansion role as its very frustrating but also rewarding and I enjoy it.

I will try my hand to practically anything as I don't see any job as below me and always enjoy a new challenge/learning a new skill set but my with my age (25) I can't get an apprenticeship or anything like that to learn a new trade without spending out silly money with no guarantee of a job at the end of it

I never send the same cv off twice every time I apply for a job a change it around to highlight what they've asked for in the job brief and in the covering letter what I think will help me do that role but after a month and half of applying and only getting the same negative responses I needed to blow off a bit of steam thanks for the words of advice lads

only thing i can ad to this is don`t rely on written job applications, try and get out there and ask, works for me, learnt that years ago when an old boss of mine used to throw all letters in the bin without even reading them saying if they can`t be bothered calling in, then soddem

mate your not on your own

i trained to be a herdsman ( 3 year diploma ) and worked in the industry until made redundant , set up as a market trader for 20+ years , then got into security work and now because of cuts everywhere i,m going to loose my job again .

i have no relevant skill sets for finding work in the modern world unless i retrained , but i,m 47 years old so time is running out , god knows what i,m gonna do.