Chat with Firearms officer

deputy dog

Just phoned my FEO about to see if they have recieved my SGC renewal forms along with my FAC and the 3 page letter of request to

have my FAC opened up in full on all calibers.

She said that my SGC hasn't yet gone in for proccess but is next inline to be dealt with. But my letter of request and my FAC has gone in for proccess

and i should hear from them about it in due course. But she hinted that it shouldnt' be to much of a problem for them

to grant me an open ticket, as all the evidence iv wrote about in the letter seems satisfactory. Most probably have

to make a few phone calls here an there with the numbers i have provided for them before making any decision.

So hopefully in a few weeks i should have my ticket back fully opened on all calibers and i can be free at last from mentoring an closed conditions.

Let you know how i get on soon as i hear any new about it from them. Fingers crossed all is good.

DD

Edited by deputy dog

Not knowing the details of FAC's all that much. What can you do, in regards to calibers, with an open ticket as opposed to a normal one?

The main and "simple" difference between and Open Conditions and Closed Conditions on an FAC is that with Closed Conditions you can only shoot on land where you have permission that has been inspected and approaved as safe for the Calibre of rifle you are using by an FEO while on Open Conditions you can shoot wherever you have permission without the need for the land being previously approaved by an FEO as safe for the calibre of rifle you are using. Basically you decide if the land is safe for you to use your chosen calibre of rifle on. You should still remember that regardless of which condition you have you as the shooter are still responsible for assessing every single shot for safety - Safe or Unsafe Backstops etc!