February PigeonWatch Airgunners Postal.

demonwolf444

post-24172-0-44953000-1359652413_thumb.jpg

Pigeon Watch Airgunners Postal Competition - February. ( Trial run - will address any issues as and when they arise, PM me any questions. )

I hope this can be used as a constructive excercise where by more experienced enterants can comment and advise those who perhaps didnt get the result they would have liked.

General Rules:

1 - This is a fun informal competition, So have fun.

2 - Anyone cheating is only cheating themselfs.

3 - Entrys made after the closing date or not on the assigned targets will not be counted.

4 - Entrys must be made in response to this post - either as a linked or embedded image OR video.

5 - Three classes 10 yards, 40 yards, and Extreme.

6 - Rules for specific classes will be stated in the "info" for that class.

Entrys from all classes will be accepted from 1st Feb - 25th Feb.

10 Yard Class.

Target: http://www.targetz.c...tzlib/20005.pdf

Info: Shoot, aiming for the clear white center holes on each of the billiard balls. 15 shots - One shot per billiard ball. Limited time frame of seven and a half minutes. Winning entry will be judged on the number of shots in the center circles, and thier centrality. One entry per person per class. Please make your entry in reply to this post, and include any suggestions for future competitions, and for the sake of other members let people know what Airgun and ammunition you used. Free standing position.

40 Yard Class.

Target: http://www.targetz.c...tzlib/10001.pdf

Info: Shoot, aiming for the center red circle, for a group of 10 shots. All picture entrys for this class must contain a ruler horizontally accross the grouping. Winning entry will be judged on the tightest group within the center red circle. One entry per person per class. Please make your entry in reply to this post, and include any suggestions for future competitions, and for the sake of other members let people know what Airgun and ammunition you used. Bipods and All other positions/rests allowed.

Extreme!

This months EXTREME class will be a long range challenge. Five empty 12g shotgun cartridges must be placed at 60 yards. Unlimited time frame and unlimited shots, however all entrys MUST be via video. Recording must start at the first shot and end when the last cartridge is toppled. Entrys will be judged on how many shots it takes. No sighting in shots allowed, no shots aloud off camera except for any zeroing shots at your normal zero range. You really need to know your kit. No limitations on bipods or positions.

Any issues or problems, do not reply to here just PM me, and i will make any amendments or changes.

Edited by demonwolf444

post-24172-0-30853000-1359729621_thumb.jpg

My Feruary Entry for the 40 yard class and im not massively happy.

The gun used is my heavily customised xs78. ** .177.

All shots were taken from a standing rested position on a bean bag with JSB exacts.

This is the first time the gun has had Co2 in it in four weeks and even longer since ive shot it properly.

The main grouping is Six shots within 20mm with only five in the inner red circle.

I hadnt re zero'ed at all and my shots were all dropping low and left.

I had two fliers to the right of the center circle which must have been fliers as i was very carefull when taking these shots and im sure i didnt pull the shot.

The two shots above the center circle were definately down to me, i noticably pulled the shots, as my breathing was really dodgy. Center to center the group was 32mm (in the picture the ruler isnt properly in position), at least i know i can improve on this, as ive identified that, I need to re zero, I need to work on my breathing and i need to remove any obviously deformed pellets from the pot.

Think its safe to say im not going to win! Next month i may have bought a PCP to play with, quite fun to shoot targets once in a while really.

Edited by demonwolf444

As its been the first still day in a few weeks I had a go at the challenge. I shot from just inside my livingroom to get to the 40 yards (paced so could be 3 yards either side), I zeroed on sticks but they kept slipping on the oak floor so shot prone off a log for the fire. I used my trusty .177 Falcon FN19 single shot with a Rowan 8 shot manual magazine. It's probably 20 years old but a great little rifle and very accurate for an unregulated gun.

I measure it as 20 mm edge to edge at its widest part (excluding the strips of paper that got torn). Just to add, I shot 8 pellets to zero and then 10 at the target so this is the first and only attempt at a good group.

EDIT: It's 16 mm if we are measuring groups centre to centre. I'm not sure what the normal way of measuring is.

post-20802-0-20731900-1360340686_thumb.jpg

Edited by FalconFN

• 2 weeks later...

This is my attempt, @ 40 yards using HW100 in .177 with AA Diabolo Field, an intermittent crosswind caused the outré right one and the 2 on the left but not bad with one practice shot at target. It measures 32mm( picture has uploaded on its side profile)

post-16771-0-81850300-1361373675_thumb.jpg

Edited by retromlc

some very poor groupings for 40yrds and i can believe how bad the groupings where with the .177 HW 100. you,ll all have to practice a bit more or start selecting the right pellets for your rifles,,

Get your rifle out and show us how It's done.

Although I think my group is ok as every pellet would have been inside a rabbits eye.

Although I think my group is ok as every pellet would have been inside a rabbits eye.

wasn,t aimed at you because your grouping was very good but some of the other groupings were terrible for 40yrds, just as a point, i dont need to do the test even though i think its a great idea,i,ve already shown what myself and my huntsman are capable of at 40yrds and 55 yrds on vid so would just be a waste if my time and yours to repeat it,but on a last note i was not intending to offend anyone i just thought some of the groupings were not very good considering, my appologies if anyone was offended as no malice was meant

LOL, he did, have a search for the 14 shot/40 yard videos.

wasn,t aimed at you because your grouping was very good but some of the other groupings were terrible for 40yrds, just as a point, i dont need to do the test even though i think its a great idea,i,ve already shown what myself and my huntsman are capable of at 40yrds and 55 yrds on vid so would just be a waste if my time and yours to repeat it,but on a last note i was not intending to offend anyone i just thought some of the groupings were not very good considering, my appologies if anyone was offended as no malice was meant

Got to agree to be honest, got to get the vid camera fixed as well though before I say too much!

LOL, he did, have a search for the 14 shot/40 yard videos.

Got to agree to be honest, got to get the vid camera fixed as well though before I say too much!

:lol: :lol: :lol: ,as said mongrel i didn,t mean to offend anyone but thought the HW100 groupings should be a lot better as they are a superb rifle ,,all the best evo

No offence taken, cheers.

Ok I know only one post, but my first was on sticks and this was with a bipod, 40 yds 11 shots all inside a 5p piece, no wind this time and no practice,hope that's good enough this time EVO ;)

take it you were not aiming for the bull ??? only joking nice shooting tho even tho you didn,t put them in the bull :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps,,,take it your using a .177 looking at the size of the holes

Edited by evo

Like as not it was aimed at me, Which is fair enough, i do a lot of rabbit shooting with air rifles and if someone posted my grouping up i would tell them to keep trying sunshine! certainly not my best group that ive ever produced. I havent been properly shooting for a few months, been rather neglecting the air rifles and using the shotgun quite a bit since the start of the season just gone by and been on the pigeons with it since it ended. Normally with the xs78 ( which lets remember is a £100 quid gun with sime diy tuning ) i can achieve a half inch group at forty yards when im practiced and going out rabbiting every evening and even then the majority of shots are taken safely under that range. safe to say the rabbits will be untouched untill ive had a few weeks practicing with it. ( yes i mean a few weeks - shotgun shooting comes very naturally to me - marksmanship and air rifle shooting takes time and patience to hone for myself at least. )

Next months comp or whatever this is should be interesting and also i have a new gun to use. Webley vemon viper - and it seems super accurate so far.

yeah after that post I adj the scope and did more center hits but the one i posted was with out practice so scope was out a bit,will try harder next time(month)

well done anyway mate your groups were fine, i,ll enter next months when printer ink is sorted