Sportsmans gun centre

richie223

Anyone got issues with this place?bought some ammo boxes on the20th via Internet and paid 6quid delivery,but nearly 2 weeks later no parcel! Rang on Thursday just gone and they said its on the way you should have them on Friday it's now Saturday , still nothing. Don't think I'll use them again .

Ordered a musto clay shooting bag off them the other day. Next day i got an email from someone saying that it was out of stock, they have ordered some more from their supplier and it will be with me in 7-10 days.

i was abit annoyed, was ideally wanting it a few days after ordering so i could use it for the weekend. had a knock at the door friday. it was my bag!!! only took 4 days... so cant say it was a real problem!

Suppose could be a number of things holding yours up.... shop/supplier/courier they not say any reason why it was taking so long?

I ordered a slip from them before Christmas, they then emailed me saying it was out of stock would I be happy to wait 2 weeks for it to come from the suppliers, I said no problem that was fine, 3 weeks later nothing so I emailed them, they said they couldn't get one anymore would I like a different slip so I asked which was the shortest they had as my gun only has 28' barrels. They had a short one but it wasn't on the website, I asked for a picture (had to chase them up to get them to) they said they couldn't get a picture (apparently no on there has a camera or camera phone!) so I asked to cancel the order but when I got home that day the slip I ordered in the 1st place had come, only took 7 weeks, I won't be using them again!

Edited by lees

big place.big adss no stock they do the scam u order n pay it comes straight from wholesaler if u lucky.nobody carrys the stock they advertise its dead money on the shelf theyre not being rogue just realistic with their cash.u pay they send from the sap holding the stock .they cant supply but the first u know is when u say where is it .modern buisiness 101 im afraid

They are cheap. They sell a wide range of stuff (but a good chunk is not in stock!)

I have waited a long time in the past for orders, but on the whole they have always delivered.

If you want the cheapest price and are prepared to wait then crack on. If you need it in your hand by Wednesday go elsewhere!

I've had problems with them in the past as well. The organisation is very backward for its size, last I heard it takes 24hours from ordering online to the warehouse getting the order to despatch even.

Best option is to phone them and check its something they have in stock, compared to the likes of john Norris they are a shambles

Went to the Newport store a few months back, on the whole very impressed.

Got chatting to one of the staff, they had just received a large order into the store and they were having to perform a stock check. Now I would've thought for such a large place, they'd have a fairly decent computer based system with a barcode scanner, to catalogue what they had on the shelves!!! Nope, they had to do the whole store on paper and ledger. Not the easiest way to keep tabs on what you have and haven't got, especially when running an online store!!

Tricky this as most stores will have unhappy customers, I haven't had any particular problems mail order as I haven't ordered anything mail order, but it took them long enough to replace a faulty CZ 452 mag I got from them in Dorchester via the post, and I was also SERIOUSLY ****** off with the Dorchester store when I drove down there about 4 years ago, to get two items that I was assured they had and would keep for me, (well over 200 mile round trip) only to find they had neither! An email solved the problem in a very satisfactory way.

Exeter was a bit of an eye opener simply for the size, I was returning from shooting in Devon/Cornwall with 2 other FAC/SGC holders and we went in looking for a .243 and a 12g O/U and 12g Semi, frankly everything seems a bit too much effort for the staff at the time, that would have been about 3 years ago.

As for the Newport place, I wouldn't go there out of principle after LITTS screwed me for £400 which I will never see! (I know that wasn't anything to do with SGC but why on earth did they call it LITTS at the Sportsman......do they still call it that?)

Ordered a musto clay shooting bag off them the other day. Next day i got an email from someone saying that it was out of stock, they have ordered some more from their supplier and it will be with me in 7-10 days.

I ordered a slip and a couple of odds and ends about a year ago. Everything apart from the slip came. Waited, waited and waited some more. Phoned them up only to be informed that they didn't have it in stock and wouldn't be getting any for the next 6months!!! Just got a full refund and went to my local shop. I can't help but feel that that's what I should have done in the first place.

I visited their Dorchester store a year or so ago.

I have never been so professionally ignored by so many shop assistants.

The customer's always right? Just who pays your wages?

Strewth! They made Town & Country Sports (Botley, now deparated and not missed at all) look positively friendly.

On a positive side, SWMBO saw the price of some of the guns on sale and realised that I wasn't as extravagant as perhaps she'd thought!

I drove from Gloucester to their Wales outlet once for .375H&H bullets that I was told were in stock - they weren't. I went home cheesed off but gave them another chance. I ordered a load of stuff from them on the internet. Half of it came after some time, the other half didn't. After endless chasing I gave up on the money and the stuff and have been sharing my experience with anyone who will listen ever since. I think they owe me about £50 and they can keep it. I'll never spend a penny in any of their shops ever again and recommend that anyone else thinking of getting a good deal there supports their local RFD instead. Their service stinks and aftercare... What's that then?! :mad:

I have only ordered from them once around the time they were selling off Litts stock. I got the delivery after a long wait and while the goods were all there, two were the wrong sizes ( boys size xl rather than big bloke xl.)

I didnt go back to them - I could sense it would be a bit of a pantomime. Instead I sold the kids stuff on ebay. What I did get was ok but I havent used them again. Once was enough.

Edited by Big Al