Motorbike CBT

WelshLamb

I am (still) absolutely frozen to the bone! I think it'll take days for me to warm back up!

I bought thermals to do my Bike lessons. I did the CBT, Theory, hazard perception then lessons then test in about 3 weeks all in and passed first time. Test day was my birthday too.

I have had a few nice bikes a few hacks and now due to a RTA I am no longer allowed to ride :no:

SWMBO has BANNED me from them. I was knocked off on the A19 by a mini bus way back in 1987.

Hit on a roundabout on my GPZ600R back in 2004 and it was smashed it to bits. And the last one was a Toyota Picnic pulled out in front of me on a roundabout. I stamped on the brake as I was 45 degrees dragging my knee along for fun when it happened and was high sided. Knackered my wrist got immense whiplash from nearly being decappitated and bruised like a bad banana.

She won't let me near another bike now. Can't say I blame her either.

What do all you seasoned bikers recommended to keep the draught out on the back of my neck?

I use a Proskins undersuit wiyh a roll up collar,but before I just used a neck tube, thet cost about a fiver,I'd stear clear of any balaclava type things under your helmet,because if your helmet fits properly a balaclava will put extra preasure on your head and you'll end up with bad headaches and or a streatched lining in your lid and then when the warm weather arrives your helmet will be a bit loose , not a good thing a sloppy helmet :0

well done welsh lamb take it easy for a bit and get used to all the other idiots on the road and have fun bikes aint the same as trucks ha ha

when you get a bigger bike get yourself booked into a couple of track days you dont have to go mad but they are great fun and safe and you will learn more about your bike in a day than six months on the road