Pump Club

thepasty

Mossberg 500 with 24 inch barrel fitted with King Armoury breacher, also 28 inch barrel with Teague extended chokes fitted with NCSTAR velcro side saddle and Allen stock carrier also Pachmyer extended butt stock and Eotech sight.

Stone him! *Stone* him! (I prefer the Parkerized / bluing and wood, m'self.)

Regards,

Mark.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmmm. *Taking* photos won't be a problem but *hosting* them might be. Right now, I can't log into my ImageShack account. God knows why. (He's probably punishing me for using Android...)

Regards,

Mark.

I use Drop Box for that kind of thing, its great as you can have your files available in multiple places, it sycronises when you add a file whether it be from your phone, pc or whatever, ideal for sharing as you can get a public link for any file type you place in it.

https://www.dropbox.com/

A nice piece of Mossberg wood and iron is next on my shopping list.

I didnt think Mossberg and "nice wood" would ever be said in the same sentance :D..... mine is plainer than a plain thing!

I had a manufrance pump, 24inch barrels, quarter choke..cracking gun and regretted selling

Recently bought a winchester model 1300, 28inch tube multichoke at a bargain price

It is a quality gun and will be used for all pest/vermin shooting and also out on the foreshore

Chucks 46gram bismuth BB in a very nice pattern through mod choke.

I have put a couple hundred shells through it from 65mm 28g up to 3inch 50g

Recoil is not as harsh as I expected with the magnum loads so I am very pleased

I use an Express 870 20g for clays and lamping. Homeload 21g clay loads are nice and cheap, and the 7/8oz 4 shot loads I make for lamping are pretty good too (though not cheap!). The option to load up 36g lead or 32g Bismuth 3" carts may come in handy given its foreshore mudshrugging-off ability.

The weight and recoil pad allow the kids to learn on it without as much recoil as you can get with a lightweight sxs or O/U.

I am currently thinking about getting a 12g Supernova. Does anyone know what these cycle/pattern like with 65mm cartridges?

I use an Express 870 20g for clays and lamping. Homeload 21g clay loads are nice and cheap, and the 7/8oz 4 shot loads I make for lamping are pretty good too (though not cheap!). The option to load up 36g lead or 32g Bismuth 3" carts may come in handy given its foreshore mudshrugging-off ability.

The weight and recoil pad allow the kids to learn on it without as much recoil as you can get with a lightweight sxs or O/U.

I am currently thinking about getting a 12g Supernova. Does anyone know what these cycle/pattern like with 65mm cartridges?

They cycle anything at all :) I shoot with 65mm cartridges quite often, no difference that I can see to any other size :)

How have you found the 870 express? One has come up locally that my brother is thinking about grabbing, from my reading its the same internals as the more expensive 870 wingmaster but with less finishing/polishing on the parts, hows the action? I also read there were some problems with the ejector on some, has your been reliable? Hows the matt finish holding up?

I do like its matt finish and clean lines :)

cheers

Steve

Sorry for the late reply,,,, the action was a little stiff but I striped it and polished the action. Anything that touched something was polished and it has made a huge difference. The external finnish is good, I just rub my patch lube in it.

The stock finnish is poor. I stripped the poor varnish and rubbed linseed oil in. Sometimes after a good soak I have to add some more.

I have just had to repair the stock at the wrist! Cracks appeared! I did have a bad fall two summers back now and I wonder if that was when the damage was done! Other than that I have no idea how the cracks developed.

Geese, ducks, pheasants, woodcock, rabbit and fox have fallen to this 20g.

stockadjust.jpg

U

Anybody ever used the Weatherby PA O8 Upland?

Always fancied one of these and they can be bought pretty cheap form Sportsman Gun Centre.

They are made in Turkey. I do not wish to derail the thread by uttering the H word, but I believe that most Turkish guns have there detracters and their partisan supporters. This may be due to variable build quality. I bought my near immaculate secondhand Remington for less than a new Weatherby.

Sorry for the late reply,,,, the action was a little stiff but I striped it and polished the action. Anything that touched something was polished and it has made a huge difference. The external finnish is good, I just rub my patch lube in it.

The stock finnish is poor. I stripped the poor varnish and rubbed linseed oil in. Sometimes after a good soak I have to add some more.

I have just had to repair the stock at the wrist! Cracks appeared! I did have a bad fall two summers back now and I wonder if that was when the damage was done! Other than that I have no idea how the cracks developed.

Geese, ducks, pheasants, woodcock, rabbit and fox have fallen to this 20g.

stockadjust.jpg

U

thanks for your thoughts, I think your wood looks better for being stripped! ;)

Edited by thepasty

They are made in Turkey. I do not wish to derail the thread by uttering the H word, but I believe that most Turkish guns have there detracters and their partisan supporters. This may be due to variable build quality. I bought my near immaculate secondhand Remington for less than a new Weatherby.

And that's what should be done :good:

I knew they were made Turkey but was not aware they were made by the H Crew.

Christ I very nearly bought one!

But then a PW member told me that his mate was selling near mint Remington Super Magnum for the same price.

Close shave.

remind you of the good ol' days? :)

Model12HeavyDuckJan21954.jpg

Very nice.I paid 350.00 for mine in about 1995,and it came complete with its own canvas and wood motor case.The smell when you opened the case was like nectar!Eventually reluctantly sold it to a bloke in Cork,for 350.00.

The one I would dearly love is the Model 12 trench gun.The only example I've seen in the flesh so to speak,complete with bayonet, was in York Guns back in the early '80's,but I wasn't legit' then so had no licence.

Very nice.I paid 350.00 for mine in about 1995,and it came complete with its own canvas and wood motor case.The smell when you opened the case was like nectar!Eventually reluctantly sold it to a bloke in Cork,for 350.00.

The one I would dearly love is the Model 12 trench gun.The only example I've seen in the flesh so to speak,complete with bayonet, was in York Guns back in the early '80's,but I wasn't legit' then so had no licence.

You'll like this pic then!!

W97R10W12W12I37W97.jpg

To become a member of Pump Club we must see pics of your pumpers! ;)

especially if they're out of the norm :)

the first one is a 870 Wingmaster abit battered when I got it but after a coat of Duracoat and a few mods from ATI it's a cracking gun for DTL ,as in a gun down position it doesn't come up to my cheek that great , so I use it for DTL

The second picture is an original and untouched 870 Wingmaster ,I use that for general clay dusting, but I'm donating this gun to the Pigeon Watch Charity shoot this year :)

And my final pump is the winchester sxp cracking fun gun for all uses :D

bba035f969e7cdb0b1313270f8df5039_zps53100851.jpgf2d10c28e8c1716ce227ff1b73abe4f4_zpse225d77e.jpg661bca090a0041e12d535368894cc661_zpsf013aa26.jpg

the first one is a 870 Wingmaster abit battered when I got it but after a coat of Duracoat and a few mods from ATI it's a cracking gun for DTL ,as in a gun down position it doesn't come up to my cheek that great , so I use it for DTL

The second picture is an original and untouched 870 Wingmaster ,I use that for general clay dusting, but I'm donating this gun to the Pigeon Watch Charity shoot this year :)

bba035f969e7cdb0b1313270f8df5039_zps53100851.jpgf2d10c28e8c1716ce227ff1b73abe4f4_zpse225d77e.jpg661bca090a0041e12d535368894cc661_zpsf013aa26.jpg

Had a ATI folding stock on my Mossberg but the barrel was a hushpower so overall length was ok ,however when i changed barrel to either the 28 or 24 inch barrel it then became illegal because the overall length was less than 40 inches . The reason being collapsable stocks are not taken into account for the purposes of measuring overall length.To summeries if the total length from the rear of the receiver to the tip of the barrel is not 40 inches then you cannot legally use a folding stock. Just putting it out there.! See attached

any self-loading or pump-action smoothbore

gun which is not an air weapon or

chambered for .22 rimfire cartridges and

either has a barrel less than 24 inches

in length or (excluding any detachable,

folding, retractable or other moveable

butt-stock) is less than 40 inches in

length overall (section 5(1)(ac));

v) any smooth-bore revolver gun other than

one which is chambered for 9mm rimfire

cartridges or a muzzle-loading revolver

gun (section 5(1)(ad));

Edited by klatuveradanikto

You're right.I'll have the 1897 at top and the Model 12 two below it.

Looks like an Ithaca second from bottom,any idea what the second one down is?

No idea, but I do know that they look pure evil with the monster blades out front! :)

I bought a Winchester SXP in April of last year......I've yet to shoot it.. :blush::no:

Shame on you! ;)

Nice! Did you get the ATI gear from the states?

I quite like their Akita adjustable stocks...

580-3874-thickbox.jpg

Or maybe their pistol grip stock as my wrist suffers after some time using the traditional style.

236-2882-thickbox.jpg

Edited by thepasty