Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ATI gear was bought over by my friend from the states , and even better it was all for free, the stock isn't a folding one :)

My apologies i meant collapsable,and you have a collapsable stock so unless the overall length is 40 inches or more from the end of the receiver to the tip of the barrel it's illegal to use ,thems the rules :whistling:

My apologies i meant collapsable,and you have a collapsable stock so unless the overall length is 40 inches or more from the end of the receiver to the tip of the barrel it's illegal to use ,thems the rules :whistling:

I'm sure there was another thread recently about adjustable stocks and legality, probably best to look there... I'm also sure Willpoon has got all his bases covered. And as a note there are a number of shotguns in my local gun smiths for sale with that very same stock on, I'm sure they wouldnt be trying to shift ilegal guns ;).

Edited by thepasty

I'm sure there was another thread recently about adjustable stocks and legality, probably best to look there... I'm also sure Willpoon has got all his bases covered. And as a note there are a number of shotguns in my local gun smiths for sale with that very same stock on, I'm sure they wouldnt be trying to shift ilegal guns ;).

Just saying i 've read the reqiurements and unless the overall length from the rear end of the receiver and barrel come to over 40 inches then he's got no problem however what i see is a 28/30 inch barrel plus receiver this will be a tad short of that measurement, the fact it is a collapsable stock means it's length is not to be taken into account for the overall length of the gun thats why i got rid of mine. If some dealers are selling such guns as pictured then i would suggest they read up on the requirements for a definition, as stated i'm just putting it out there, would'nt want anyone to be illegal. :/

My 2008 Supernova is still going well after several years of hard use

2013-02-05132746_zpsa2861079.jpg

My mate Jon's is also a similar vintage & works good.

2012-12-29145257-1.jpg

An Ex Navy friend of ours prefers the old Winchesters.

GeorgeIMG_0275.jpg

love the belt load out mate been after some of those shell holders for ages, were did u get yours from if u don't mind me asking

A question for Pump Club.

A Remington 870 Express Super Mag with synth stock has come up for sale locally, its had around 200 carts through it from new and the only marks on it are the usual marks you get on the mag tube from the slide action.

I've agreed a price of £240.... is that about right?

Edited by thepasty

love the belt load out mate been after some of those shell holders for ages, were did u get yours from if u don't mind me asking

Hi Jonah

Those came from Brownells but they are available from Shield Shooting Centre in Dorset or on Midway UK website at a higher cost.

They come in 6's & 4's

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/speedloaders-accessories/shotgun-shell-holders/12-gauge-speed-stripper-prod4148.aspx?ttver=1&avs|Manufacturer_1=CALIFORNIA%20COMPxzzx%20WORKS

N

A Remington 870 Express Super Mag with syth stock has come up for sale locally, its had around 200 carts through it from new and the only marks on it are the usual marks you get on the mag tube from the slide action.

Go for it pal, cheaper than what I paid for mine and I love it.

Performed well on the geese last Wednesday.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Remington_Shotgun_870-Wingmaster_For-Sale_130204134838002

tempting!

A Remington 870 Express Super Mag with synth stock has come up for sale locally, its had around 200 carts through it from new and the only marks on it are the usual marks you get on the mag tube from the slide action.

there about £400 new..... so i'd pay that

Just saying i 've read the reqiurements and unless the overall length from the rear end of the receiver and barrel come to over 40 inches then he's got no problem however what i see is a 28/30 inch barrel plus receiver this will be a tad short of that measurement, the fact it is a collapsable stock means it's length is not to be taken into account for the overall length of the gun thats why i got rid of mine. If some dealers are selling such guns as pictured then i would suggest they read up on the requirements for a definition, as stated i'm just putting it out there, would'nt want anyone to be illegal. :/

If I'm not mistaken I rang my local FEO and asked him the question on folding/adjustable stock on my shotgun, he replied by firstly asking what type of shotgun it was so I said a pump action, then his reply was to fold or shorten your stock to its minimum and measure it from Butt to Muzzle and if it less than 40" then it's a no for me , mine measures about 47" :D ....the gun that is :lol:

5d58add165901a627e974f27dc6788a0_zps17d15f5f.jpg

Edited by Willpoon

Go for it pal, cheaper than what I paid for mine and I love it.

Performed well on the geese last Wednesday.

I've sourced it for my bro whos SGC should be arriving next week... I'm nice like that :)

I'm on a firearms cert at the moment so only the one shotgun, I'll be sending off for my SGC soonish as I'd like a project gun or two like the wingmaster andy posted above.

Edited by thepasty

If I'm not mistaken I rang my local FEO and asked him the question on folding/adjustable stock on my shotgun, he replied by firstly asking what type of shotgun it was so I said a pump action, then his reply was to fold or shorten your stock to its minimum and measure it from Butt to Muzzle and if it less than 40" then it's a no for me , mine measures about 47" :D ....the gun that is :lol:

5d58add165901a627e974f27dc6788a0_zps17d15f5f.jpg

With all due respect your FEO is wrong,a collapsable stock cannot be taken into account for the overall length of the gun ,it's in the firearms legislation,hey if you've got a FEO who's not clued up good on you but personally i'd dump the stock unless you've got a hushpower barrel that increases it's overall length measured at the rear of the receiver.

With all due respect your FEO is wrong,a collapsable stock cannot be taken into account for the overall length of the gun ,it's in the firearms legislation,hey if you've got a FEO who's not clued up good on you but personally i'd dump the stock unless you've got a hushpower barrel that increases it's overall length measured at the rear of the receiver.

are you 100% sure ???