Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all new to this site, Im picking up in a few weeks time a mossberg 500a pump w/vented rib barrel in camo used £375 with 3 chokes is that a good buy do you think

place I bought it off is having difficulty sourcing new ones from the usa only had 20g in new.

Anyone round the northwest in the pump club shoot at worsley or any other clay places with their pump ? I go to worsley, star ground at lymm and one in the peak district.

Had a go of my cousins mossy 500 last year in the states fired loads of different rounds through it had one he called turkeyshot? last one being the oucher slug.

Did like the look of the supernova but that 500a caught me eye, the action is smooth on it white bead with a middle gold one on it.

are pump's much better than o/u for birds and vermin?

Hello all new to this site, Im picking up in a few weeks time a mossberg 500a pump w/vented rib barrel in camo used £375 with 3 chokes is that a good buy do you think

place I bought it off is having difficulty sourcing new ones from the usa only had 20g in new.

Anyone round the northwest in the pump club shoot at worsley or any other clay places with their pump ? I go to worsley, star ground at lymm and one in the peak district.

Had a go of my cousins mossy 500 last year in the states fired loads of different rounds through it had one he called turkeyshot? last one being the oucher slug.

Did like the look of the supernova but that 500a caught me eye, the action is smooth on it white bead with a middle gold one on it.

are pump's much better than o/u for birds and vermin?

hi mossyoak , welcome to pigeon watch :) I'm from the northwest area and shoot at 2 clubs one on a Tuesdays usually at Coniston shooting ground near skipton in Yorkshire and on Sundays at Altcar clay pigion club both I take my pumps to shoot clays along wth my other shotguns :good:

I just discovered this thread and thought I would post pics of my pump.

I initially got a Pump Action when I got my SGC.. Just because I could.. The Firearms officer who came around to look at my cabinet asked "why" when I told him, and I figured tha "because I can" was a good enough answer.. He gave me odd looks, and shrugged, but didn't have any objections.

In truth, I got into shooting because I had met a guy who introduced me to shooting.. On the 2 occasions I went out with him, we ened by the river shooting ducks and I wanted something cheap and reliable to compliment my up and over incase I ever damaged it..

The pump was a Mossberg 600 Newhaven, but I never really liked it.. It was too long.. To old.. To aggriculural... And the action was really loose... So recently I decided that i wanted something new.. Tight.. Tactical and Cheap.. And since I wasn't going to use it much, decided on a Hatasn... I would have preferred a shorter barrel with a flash supressor on it, but thats not available in the UK as a Section 2.. So this is the best I can have.

Here are the pics.. I am very happy with it.. But have yet to shoot it.. Can't see myself using it much but its nice to have...

post-14176-0-88419800-1363108991_thumb.jpg

post-14176-0-15573700-1363109001_thumb.jpg

post-14176-0-85394700-1363109016_thumb.jpg

post-14176-0-90046700-1363109026_thumb.jpg

Edited by jweaver

the look may not be everyones cup of tea... but i like the tactical look... ok you may get looks of the traditionalists and may get even stranger looks from people who think you have an assault rifle but sod them... as long as your happy

the look may not be everyones cup of tea... but i like the tactical look... ok you may get looks of the traditionalists and may get even stranger looks from people who think you have an assault rifle but sod them... as long as your happy

I also have a semi (oohh err) and a double barrel, so i can fit in anywhere. But i really like the look of a tactical, so am going to take it shooting clays soon and gauge the reaction.

hello willpoon, Altcar clay club might venture up that one next sunday if your going where is it? have you ever took yours to worsley,

well picking the mossy up a lot sooner this week :good: getting a few bits from midway to put on it sling and a shell holder for the buttstock,

is £375 a good price for a used mossberg 500a?, just thought the lighter weight and benefit of an extra shell unless you've got a fac one

would be a benefit when using it on vermin & birds.

ive been fancing a remi 870 pump and saw someone selling an agi stock and forened on ebay recently so i took the plunge and have them sitting here ready for when i get around to finding a gun... god help the looks ill get but i dont care.. itll be a fun gun for fun days.. ive my other guns for 'sensible' days

ive been fancing a remi 870 pump and saw someone selling an agi stock and forened on ebay recently so i took the plunge and have them sitting here ready for when i get around to finding a gun... god help the looks ill get but i dont care.. itll be a fun gun for fun days.. ive my other guns for 'sensible' days

did you get an ati scorpion adjustable stock and forend off eBay lately ???

hello willpoon, Altcar clay club might venture up that one next sunday if your going where is it? have you ever took yours to worsley,

well picking the mossy up a lot sooner this week :good: getting a few bits from midway to put on it sling and a shell holder for the buttstock,

is £375 a good price for a used mossberg 500a?, just thought the lighter weight and benefit of an extra shell unless you've got a fac one

would be a benefit when using it on vermin & birds.

ive only shot at worsley twice a few Sundays ago on ESP comp so I've never taken my pumps there, as I only have a Tuesday off work so it's off to coniston shooting ground or kellbrook shooting ground, however Altcar clay pigeon club is only 5 mins away from my house I go there on an early Sunday mornings :good: I'll pm you the contact details :)