thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love 8+1!!

Gave my 870 WM a clean yesturday, I've got the Blackhawk recoil adjustable stock on it. Which I can slide out all the way and the sight picture is great, but the stock always traps a minium of one beard hair every shot! Really does my head in lol

I'm tempted to dip the trigger mech in some kind of solvent and agitate to get all those little bits of dirt out, either that or strip it right down...

• 3 weeks later...

I also recently purchased a SXP (black shadow). Cant fault the gun though after shooting a sbs for years I am struggling a little with accuracy. Stupidly I cant hit stationary objects but can hit the "difficult" shots.

The gun cycles nicely and is good value for the money.

Edited by WelshMike

At last weekends PSG competition at Romsey I witnessed an uncommon breakage on a fellow squad members Remington 870, we regularly see broken extractors & shell latches but I have never seen an action slide tube fail.

The tube that is up the inside of the forend & connects the action bars to the forend snapped of near the base rendering the gun useless & forcing the guy to go to a spare gun for the rest of the day.

If like many shooters & I include myself in that, you rarely if ever strip the action tube out of the forend when you clean your gun it may be worth inspecting this item more closely every now & then.

Keep on pumping folks.

N

Edited by neil smith

I recently bought a Winchester SXP 10 +1 so I would like to join pump club! The Recall from Winchester only affects the 3 1/2" models which you're unlikely to buy for practical shooting. Mine has a 3" chamber and is unaffected. I did a review so check it out.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/310814-winchester-sxp-first-review/

11129773_462987337203946_171080556222284

Edited by srspower

I've been in and out the pump club, started with a supernova and really regretted selling it, i gave it away as well and kick myself for that.

I got an sxp last year and it was a shambles the end cap kept unscrewing on multiple shots. The pump springing open really had me confused especially when using a mix of cartridges for duck and geese. That got sold quickly!

Today i got a Revo pump, i haven't had the chance to use it yet, but the build quality on them are superb, I'm really impressed with how well its made. Is there anything i should look out for with the Revo, does anything go wrong with them?

nice

Cheers,

I need to get a few different loads through it to see what works best. I shot the last slug comp with my Armsan a612 that just has a bead sight, everything was good at 25 and 50 yards but when we dropped back to 100 yards I struggled to get shots on target, that isn't happening again! The scope is mounted on a rail with a williams ace in the hole peep sight too as a back up.