• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got yelled at.

I got told it's unsafe.

I was not happy.

Out of interest, was this sporting or trap? Trap shooters don't seem to like anything that disturbs the shootin' "rythm".

The real safety problem with clay shooting is, I think, the "load two, shoot two" nature of clay shooting. If a clay shooter loads more than two rounds into a gun, then watch out...

As a PSGer I *always* clear the gun (visually inspect chamber and mag, close action, drop hammer, open action, flag in, safety on, point muzzle up or down) after each stand before I leave the box, just as I would after finishing a PSG stage.

My club asks you put a chamber flags in pumps and semi's to show clear but otherwise are fine with them

This is what I'd expect.

Regards,

Mark.

still a work in progress. Financial constranints are hampering my dreams :(

QT8boL.jpg

7LLLq0.jpg

Wow, that must be getting a bit weighty when fully loaded (assuming its a S1) my 870 12 + 1 with a fully loaded side saddle weighs a ton but you've almost got a box of carts in / on there. looks sooooo Tacticool tho.

Yeah she is a bit of a hefty old lump but I just bring her out to shoot at some targets and very occasionally the odd hour or two on crows or bunnies so it's not that much of an issue. Also the weight helps a bit when shooting heavier loads as the butt pad on that stock has NO give at all and doesn't half pummel you. :oops:

Thinking of sticking the original stock back on for that reason.

Also its bloody awkward trying to get it to fit in the cabinet I have with the pistol grip.

Looks very nice, why not get one of the AR type stocks with the recoil reduction buffer in it?

yeah, well... hindsight.

also price & the fact that the recoil absorbing version of the stock i have doesnt have the little picatinny attachments on the side... :rolleyes::whistling:

its all about the picatinny rails lol.

But yeah to be honest that style stock/gripwhilst actually nice to hold and shoot, is a complete pain in the **** for living with day to day.

Would that really justify for a section 1 for shotguns. I am looking into getting g my section 1 as I do a lot of clay shooting and just got some permission to shoot on some land for pigeons and rabbits etc. I have been looking at some 3 shot pumps but would love to get a section 1 pump however I don't want to push the owner to sponsor me for a firearm since it's just took me a while to even get into his land

I had applied for mine for the purpose of controlling the high numbers of rabbits on some land and was refused. I phoned my FEO to ask why and he told me shooting rabbits wasn't deemed 'good reason', and to reapply quoting the Wildlife & Countryside Act, so I did and it was granted. That was a long time ago.

Do you get charged if the application is rejected? In mine the reason I am stating is for vermin, Clays and avian pests on a patch of land I have permission to shoot on and also I am statsing on any other land where permission has been obtained all in accordance with the wildlife and countryside act 1981

I am hoping that is a good enough reason

Evening Gents,

Interesting topics as usual, been 'delightfully distracted' by friend from Northamptonshire recently, but not enough to stop me buying a Winchester 62A ........... a .22rf pump action designed by the maestro, John Moses Browning. Mine in unmolested condition, with a few minor marks to woodwork, as you'd expect with a 74 yr old gun. Action crisp, trigger like greased silk and as you'd expect from JMB's hands, it functions perfectly...................... oh yes,.... it will slam-fire too! Makes a good companion to the Marlin39A and the Browning SA.

Are you still planning to venture west of the Tamar before Xmas Impala? Have some very interesting shells for the M37 for you to try.

E mail me directly.

Adios Amigos

Thanks , that would have probably been it's younger brother, the Model 1890, some of which were chambered for .22 shorts only. One of those was the first firearm I ever fired, at a gallery of Wilson's Fun Fair, held annually in Kenilworth Warwickshire. Age about 12, I could just reach over the counter.

I came across the same gallery, still working at Banbury Steam Fair, in about '02. Still the same guns pumping 'em out 50 years later. Ah nostalgia!