Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some advice please chaps. I'd like to add a pump to the cab at some stage in the future as, if nothing else, the idea of busting clays with one sounds like alot of fun.

The only one Ive tried so far is an old Manufrance last Sunday and empty it cycled easily but with a couple of carts in I struggled. Im no 6st vegan by the way.

Are more modern guns easier to use? Recommendations of guns to try if possible? What sounded like fun turned into a faff and I dont want putting off(if that makes sense).

Mr. C It depends on your budget and taste. Have a look through the 100+ pages here and you'll see a wide variety. I have a Hatsan pump, I had a few issues when I first bought it but fired hundreds problem free since. They can be bought for £200 S/H or £300 new. Then there is the super nova for about double that and everything in between. Winchester SXP is also a good shout and what I'd probably get next if I were to by another pmp.

Edited by arm3000gt

To add to arm3000 you pay your money and take your choice, for me nothing beats getting the oldies nice and slick. There are many out there, and some are a bit cartridge sensitive, sorting these out is half the pleasure for me. The new ones can take a little bedding in but there are some good guns out there, the Benelli's out of the box are great but pricy and not to everyone's taste. Stick with it, the rewards are many, gotta love a pump!

To add to arm3000 you pay your money and take your choice, for me nothing beats getting the oldies nice and slick. There are many out there, and some are a bit cartridge sensitive, sorting these out is half the pleasure for me. The new ones can take a little bedding in but there are some good guns out there, the Benelli's out of the box are great but pricy and not to everyone's taste. Stick with it, the rewards are many, gotta love a pump!

To be honest I'd prefer an older gun with a wooden stock and a butter smooth action. As for the cost, well it is what it is, supply and demand.

Some advice please chaps. I'd like to add a pump to the cab at some stage in the future as, if nothing else, the idea of busting clays with one sounds like alot of fun.

The only one Ive tried so far is an old Manufrance last Sunday and empty it cycled easily but with a couple of carts in I struggled. Im no 6st vegan by the way.

Are more modern guns easier to use? Recommendations of guns to try if possible? What sounded like fun turned into a faff and I dont want putting off(if that makes sense).

I have a relatively early bps which is incredibly smooth and easy to cycle. It has only had issues with hull comp x where the extraction flange is a tad too narrow for it.

thanks for the replies, Im glad its probably that gun and not me just being a wimp. when Ive made space in the cabinet I'll know what to look for.

Just had to look up bps

Lovely things but seemingly, along with ithicas, like rocking horse poo to find.

After months of looking for mine i put up a wanted ad. I got a reply which was more or less an interview as to wether i was a suitable new home but then an early field modle. It has a full choke barrel which i dont have the heart to open up but id like something more open, finding another barrel is seemingly impossible.

Hi folks,

Having converted my Supernova to Target shotgun duties I no longer have a wildfowling gun. I've seen a good deal on a Mossberg 535. Any experience of this? Good gun or worth looking at something else?

Scrummy

Supernova in TS mode with 24" smoothbore slug barrel with rifle sights...

IMG_20813380_zpsfoxkiomi.jpg

Edited by Scrumbag

Hi folks,

Having converted my Supernova to Target shotgun duties I no longer have a wildfowling gun. I've seen a good deal on a Mossberg 535. Any experience of this? Good gun or worth looking at something else?

Scrummy

Supernova in TS mode with 24" smoothbore slug barrel with rifle sights...

Hi, I had a 535 ATS in black synthetic which is currentyl being advertised by the shop I sold it to on Guntrader. It was a perfectly good gun - Can't really go wrong with Mossbergs but they're very no-frills. I got rid because it was more utilitarian than I like :D

Hi, I had a 535 ATS in black synthetic which is currentyl being advertised by the shop I sold it to on Guntrader. It was a perfectly good gun - Can't really go wrong with Mossbergs but they're very no-frills. I got rid because it was more utilitarian than I like :D

Did you notice it smooting up at all?

Update on the PM5. The magazine system is now working reliably, inserting, feeding and ejecting with no problems. In addition to the left side oversize button, I have fitted a trigger finger release on the right.

I am now working on the sighting in an attempt to have a full binocular sight picture which comprises 2 dot sights which converge at about 12 metres with the under-mounted laser (most targets between 10 and 15 metres) It may be a complete nonsense but on the other hand it seems to work with full peripheral vision and it feels like its working. being able to move with the gun in the shoulder, in the aim. A bit of field testing will no doubt prove or disprove my theory! I have not seen anything similar anywhere so I am either being innovative or barking up some wrong trees! (this started as I am right-handed, left eye dominant and have trouble with fast target acquisition and losing the sight picture) I have a small red dot on the bore-line rail and a green dot on the left hand off-set rail The angle between the two sights seems to fit with the cant of my head when firmly on the cheek-piece in the aim.

the current set-up

post-75958-0-81264600-1488273185_thumb.jpg

View from left eye, right handed hold (the paper is at about 6' so the 3 images are in an inverted triangle, still separated by the distance they are apart on the gun

post-75958-0-93621200-1488273181_thumb.jpg

View from the right eye, right handed hold (for left handed shooting the left (green) sight is redundant, but my dominant left eye falls naturally on the bore line (red) sight)

post-75958-0-64916100-1488273184_thumb.jpg

Edited by impala59

View from the right eye, right handed hold (for left handed shooting the left (green) sight is redundant, but my dominant left eye falls naturally on the bore line (red) sight)

So obviously you need to fit a third sight in order to replicate your set up for the left shoulder. :good: