thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Afternoon Gentlemen from a sunny Devon,

Staying with a friend who has a farm nr Dulverton and some excellent pheasant shooting, for a few days, I'd have been interested in attending Northolt, bringing both M37's, although the Deerslayer would be tested with the end going-away birds, but 600 mile round trip is a bit of a 'trek'.

. Skeet is great fun especially with a group who are equally good/bad!, if you've not tried it before ....... it takes no prisoners!

Enjoy yourselves

Steve

I have loads of different colour / size, light collecting/emitting optic rods. let me know what you need and I'll bring it on the 11th ( no triangle at moment though) the original ray-bar sight is still (I believe) available from Brownells at premium price though edit...scrub that not even from Brownells USA

Also available from Ithaca Gun Co @ $9.00 Part # 370063-DS-RB-RED

As an after thought, I could give you an oversize piece of red and with careful filing and polishing you could remake the Ray-Bar relatively simply as its only plastic and works easily

Edited by impala59

I'm keeping my 16 but may let my 12 go!

Oh NOOOOO! let me know though!

A little project I'm working on, in the rough at the moment, is a fully ambidextrous safety catch for my competition 37. Its all working, just need to re-make with slight mod to get rid of the allen screws which, whilst not a problem don't feel right. This was only a working rough prototype and the Mk 2 will be more streamlined and finished, knurled/polished etc my original doodle and rethink also shown

post-75958-0-49820100-1509399120_thumb.jpgpost-75958-0-77801000-1509398927_thumb.jpgpost-75958-0-30393800-1509398905_thumb.jpgpost-75958-0-98573000-1509398884_thumb.jpgpost-75958-0-63673200-1509398868_thumb.jpg

Edited by impala59

I think you linked to that a while ago. It's perfect but sadly you need the hardware too. Brownells do the action tube for the 3" version but not the forend nut. The other type of forend like the one I have has mounting hardware very similar to the 870 :(

Point Taken, I have a Savage ringed fore end which I am modifying for a 37, My Sect 1 37 has a Remington composite ringed fore end, the Dremel works wonders!

Snap. I have a Savage/Stevens 67 corncob forend assembly. It's perfect except the action bar is slightly different dimension-wise. I also have a modified Remington composite forend I modified. I almost got hold of a synthetic stock to match it!

What I'd really like though is a higher comb so the Ithaca fits me!

How odd! i have been thinking along those very lines myself. My Ithaca Model 51 has a superb monte carlo stock but will not fit the 37 and I'm not about to start carving it up! I do have a 37 stock in not brilliant shape that I have been considering flatting the comb and installing a riser section. Its just that with original parts, the cut almost hurts. A friend has and will not part with an early 37 with the most exquisite stock I have ever put in my shoulder, It could have been made for me. I am hoping that at some future point he will allow me to borrow it with a view to some form of duplication, hopefully I can do it justice.

Tinkering again, nothing much on TV though!

Whilst I am still working on my ambidextrous rotating "forward to fire" safety catch for my S1 37, I knocked up this one which actually works quite well. Based on the original push through type, it is also ambidextrous with the middle detent position being SAFE, push left for FIRE with right hand trigger finger or push right for FIRE with the left hand trigger finger, each position held in place by the original detent pin.

post-75958-0-38658800-1509651231_thumb.jpgpost-75958-0-51145100-1509651294_thumb.jpgpost-75958-0-49011600-1509651381_thumb.jpgpost-75958-0-82818400-1509651474_thumb.jpg

What did the original safety look like? Mine has the detent pin but no actual place on the safety for it to engage. It just kinda rubbed against the safety pathetically and if you looked at it it'd move out of position!

Oddly I do not have a R/H at the moment, and the L/H spare I have is a non standard item. Hope this library pic shows sufficient

post-75958-0-92022700-1509653737_thumb.jpg

The non standard that I have

post-75958-0-48883400-1509654841_thumb.jpgpost-75958-0-06537400-1509654867_thumb.jpg

This is a pic of R/H but does not show detent hollows

post-75958-0-43253200-1509654931_thumb.jpg

Edited by impala59

Excellent thank you. Looks similar to mine after I attacked it with a file! I don't suppose that spare is a spare spare that you'd be willing to get rid of? I sometimes shoot LH

Possibly, I have promised Steve the Jeep a Leftie and I do have another to remove shortly, I will give Steve the choice and let you know. they will be re-blued as part of the ongoing projects. I do love working on these old guns, Browning and Pederson are two of my absolute heroes, I often wonder if they turn in their graves at my mods and such!