Pump Club

thepasty

On 27/08/2018 at 21:36, impala59 said:

Nothing set yet, we shot in November last year so plenty of time. I would be happy with the same venue but maybe we should set a precedent and let the reigning top pump choose? Shootist, your call ? It all worked fairly well last year with a loose format, we will have to see what others think 

I think the venue worked very well last year. I do most of my shooting on the other side of the M25 http://www.claypigeonshoot.co.uk/regular-clay-fixtures/essex-shooting-ground-fyfield/

This would be an equally good venue, sporting and skeet. I'm also happy to go further north if anyone has a suggestion.

Best dates in November for me are Saturday 17th and Sunday 25th. Again, open to suggestions on dates, although with the Rememberance Sunday weekend and game shooting I'm personally short on time in November.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Scrumbag said:

gotgcoalman, who makes the silencer and how do you fit it?

It's a Hushpower supplied by Saddlery and Gunroom.

IMG_20171117_144550.jpg.6fef5d02ee9a5c110f7ef118891fa4ee.jpg

I used a barrel extension to fit it. (Edgar Bros do the 1 for the hatsan)

IMG_20171218_194706.jpg.4e6c5330f8a1e9075f6860a318409ce9.jpg

IMG_20171219_105626.jpg.b61aff5b1538aa51dbd5fee5e0d37fd1.jpg

IMG_20171220_170617.jpg.7b9a2885061af1507fa9188123042d92.jpg

IMG_20171220_171501.jpg.45b617c69855d778b241ea8f324fe69f.jpg

Same thread used in the older Webley 812 auto. (must be a Turkish built thing)

Adds 10" and makes the gun front heavy.

On a plus it helps with swing and is much quieter using subsonic ammo.(re load my own)

32g #4 is good on magpies @ 50 yards 😀

Sounds loud on camera,no ear protection needed though.

28g #7 used here.

7 hours ago, gotgcoalman said:

Savage 67e (action bar snapped so it's a cricket bat at the moment)

I have a good used, undamaged, fracture free, Savage/Stevens action bar/tube assembly if you are interested perhaps you would pm me

2133158684_savab(1).JPG.13a0f8f937392550183a898e6e71af33.JPG

Tape measure shown as there are some variances within the model range

In your pics it appears that you have 2 pistol grip stocks for the Winchester, I would be interested in a trade

Edited by impala59

7 hours ago, impala59 said:

I have a good used, undamaged, fracture free, Savage/Stevens action bar/tube assembly if you are interested perhaps you would pm me

2133158684_savab(1).JPG.13a0f8f937392550183a898e6e71af33.JPG

Tape measure shown as there are some variances within the model range

In your pics it appears that you have 2 pistol grip stocks for the Winchester, I would be interested in a trade

If you get fixed up with this D, I’d enjoy seeing the Savage on the shoot later this season! 👍😃

Very expensive indeed! It’s the same gun as the Squires Bingham, which is, as is the venerable Captains Higgins, a very nice gun indeed! I paid less than £100 for my near mint SB

Maybe the collecting of pumps is not going to be so cheap in the future? Hang on to those old clunkers, they may be worth more than you thought 😀

Edited by impala59

1 hour ago, theshootist said:

What about the 870? It has some very nice wood.

Very pretty gun it’s true and a quality Wingmaster will always command a premium price. Still a little over-priced though IMHO. From a personal perspective I would always rather save a dog than buy a cabinet queen. I actually have a nice, good condition Wingmaster that I am tempted to do a full blue restoration job on. Collecting parts at this time, and looking forward to searching through a friends alladins cave soon for some nice wood 😀

13 hours ago, impala59 said:

Very pretty gun it’s true and a quality Wingmaster will always command a premium price. Still a little over-priced though IMHO. From a personal perspective I would always rather save a dog than buy a cabinet queen. I actually have a nice, good condition Wingmaster that I am tempted to do a full blue restoration job on. Collecting parts at this time, and looking forward to searching through a friends alladins cave soon for some nice wood 😀

Suit yourself, no way I'm going into a friends cave looking for wood but it takes all sorts I suppose.

On 13/08/2018 at 00:03, impala59 said:

Ditto! DSPS rules the Ithaca line up!

What model Mossberg is it?

I love the DSPS and it took me a good while to find one. I thought I'd over paid for this one and had it RFD transferred up to me and when I went to collect it the shop owner offered me more than I'd paid for it on the spot.

As for the Mossberg its a Maveric 88, basically a budget 500 but with the safety in the right place. Really dont know what to get but I keep looking at 1887s and 1897s maybe even a Spas 12 who knows.

Ive agreed a sale on the Mossberg  and I'm holding it 'til he has the funds. 

2 hours ago, Sco77w said:

Really dont know what to get but I keep looking at 1887s and 1897s maybe even a Spas 12 who knows.

The SPAS 12 is a pig of a gun, not living up to its movie image at all. Slow to load, overweight and not really usable at all, It is a gun that entertains everyone but the shooter and the gun that everyone wants to shoot. It would appear to be a good investment as the prices are getting silly now, I wish I'd kept mine, I let it go for silly ( (low) money a few years ago. Early Winchesters are also good investments as they move into becoming antiques (still good shooting too!)

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

Anybody seen that franchi in the private sale section? I think I'm in love 😍

The PA8 is the SPAS after a crash diet, losing the auto crud and a great, simple  little pump gun, these handle really well. My brother in law had one of these and he was a serious competitor back in the day, he even used it with the original folding stock before the OAL rules came in

Edited by impala59