Pump Club

thepasty

1 hour ago, Green hornet said:

Hi would like to join pump club.My remington 870 1981 genuine police model had Remington confirm it as I wasn’t to sure it being a police model.Its got the longer barrel over 24inch and a 5 shot section 1.

I sold it years ago but managed to track it back down and brought it back it’s been the only shotgun I’ve ever shot well with.

I had many sleepless nights wishing I never sold it 😢 seeing it in person again was like meeting an old friend 🙂 and was in exactly the same condition as I sold it.

7B16C90F-5AED-4CEC-BF3F-38C4D77D20E9.png

Will you leave it to me in your will? 😂😂👍🏻

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 15/12/2018 at 11:17, impala59 said:

Odd how the prices are so similar, you’d be forgiven for thinking that a cartel was in operation 🤨

have to watch your “r’s” Steve, you’ve turned Scrummy into Scummy!!😂

As the pump club shoot never happened this year, how about making it biannual and trying for the warmer months? Any thoughts gents?

I'd certainly be up for another pump club shoot in the warm or cold!

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Big Mat said:

Having shot a benelli nova for the past 2 years,  I've decided to get rid of it, not being it's a pump action, but it just doesn't fit me and shoots too high! 

I shoot a BPS as well, which I find to be a much better gun! 

That's fair enough, if it doesn't fit you, not any good! I had to get the shims involved to make my supernova fit

5 minutes ago, Scrumbag said:

That's fair enough, if it doesn't fit you, not any good! I had to get the shims involved to make my supernova fit

Unfortunately you can't put shims in the nova! Otherwise I'd have gone down that route and kept it. To be honest it's a little bit light for putting 3 1/2" cartridges through as well 

On 16/01/2019 at 10:49, Big Mat said:

Unfortunately you can't put shims in the nova! Otherwise I'd have gone down that route and kept it. To be honest it's a little bit light for putting 3 1/2" cartridges through as well 

Yes, a light pump and 3.5" are rather lively! (I have put some hyper velocity rem steel through my supernova and it was "memorable" to say the least!)

A couple of 37's joined the family, a 1963 (pre  interchangeable barrel) 1963 was the last year of serial numbered (with choke suffix number) barrels which were hand finished to fit. this one has no checkering and I changed the butt plate for a recoil pad (which still needs a little finishing) to slightly increase the LOP. The Raybar front sight was missing and I made one to suit. Probably going to leave this one as is with nice patina.

2061970061_3763(2).JPG.0bb6267cd4d6a68ae43d40fc78e673f7.JPG746366983_3763(3).JPG.2dfa06c1d19dbb089ec3037510bfa008.JPG

Secondly, a 1959 which I had made a safety catch for, and then the owner decided to sell. the trigger plate was in poor condition (now renovated) and the bead is missing (still deciding what type to fit) Also the forend has been butchered by someone cutting finger grooves in the sides, I will address that in due course. Surprisingly, perhaps the receiver on this one is in excellent condition. Both guns are functioning well and the only downside is that I will shortly have to sell some other pumps as the Ithaca collection grows. I will put some on Gunwatch shortly

778122268_37592(2).JPG.e8d2e3dae8de83956a4d507977864fdb.JPG

On 24/08/2018 at 20:25, a303 said:

Have a look see. 

Its the correct stock  and forend for the age and spec of heavy duck. Just missing the original red recoil pad. Should be a 30” or 32” barrel.

Other way to tell is does it have a slug of lead in the stock that you can see with recoil pad removed and does the cartridge lifter have a metal spring loaded plate attached to the rh side?

A303 - No slug of lead interestingly enough:

Pr3ikm6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, impala59 said:

So the "Duo" refers to the switchable Semi auto/pump operation, looks solid enough is the switch over easy? I have memories of my old SPAS 12 being a bit of a 'mare in that department!

You won't go far wrong with a Mossberg 590, simple rugged and recommended by the US military!

Hi impala59,  yes the switchable operation is very slick. You just turn it a tad and pull it back and it locks in position......job done.....turn it the other way and it springs back.......real nice operation and movement.  The Revo I’m really impressed with......and it looks real nice.  Yep I’m going to go for the Mossberg 590 persuader.  Really like the look and like you say I cant go wrong with one.....👍. But you had a Spaz 12......now that is a real beauty......I only have a SGC so that’s out of the question sadly. 👍

3 hours ago, Opossum said:

I have a SPAS-12. The selector mechanism is rough until you take it apart and clean out 30 years of gunk and then grease the cam guide track under the forend. Then it's pretty slick!

Duly noted!

I must confess if one came up at the right price I would be sorely tempted, even though my memories of the beast are mostly negative! Go figure!!

On 14/02/2019 at 07:31, theshootist said:

There is a "ducks unlimited" version on the gun tŕader site. Reading up on them I'm not sure how rare they are, at least in the US. However, it does look in good condition.

Sorry didn't check back.

I think I saw that one but believe if the same ad, that when clicked on it stated in the ad that it had already sold 😞 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well my sxp died. After 6 months and 2000 odd shells the mag tube broke which in turn made the trigger block drop by 1-2mm and prevented the next round releasing. So nath at avalon sorted me out, full refund which I picked up and played with a armasan for 10 mins, decided I'd have it, also picked up a 20b single with a silencer as well. Got to the till, nath says he's just had something in id like, brings out a moss 500, said its got a spare barrel with the hushpower on as well. I says how much, he said 400 but seeing as I've been in a bit, straight swap (£350 credit for sxp)! Well chuffed! I ******* love going in that shop! Anyway cut a long story short, took it straight out, learnt that it was a little low, bagged a few pigeons and am now loving the fact I finally own a mossberg 😍

By no way in this am I knocking the sxp, I loved that gun, but it's nice knowing I've a gun ill never have trouble getting parts for. 

1555777678697.jpg