Pump Club

thepasty

On 13/06/2019 at 17:07, Farmboy91 said:

Well I did it anyway, brought the super x and love it, had a few cracking bunnies already. Fits better than I thought. 

Often the pumps come up a bit short but I certainly found I adapted quite quickly. Enjoy it my friend and welcome to the club!

Scrummy

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Thanks 👍 I do plan on adding another when I have space, I'd quite like one with wooden furniture too. 

Careful, it's a sickness...

You'll start wondering about if you need something bottom eject, or comes with a Cutts Compensator, or...just because!

1 hour ago, Scrumbag said:

Careful, it's a sickness...

You'll start wondering about if you need something bottom eject, or comes with a Cutts Compensator, or...just because!

I try and get as many of the options as I can I one gun to cut down cabinet space haha, a bottom ejector would definitely be a must though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thought id go upset the crowds and took the hushpower for a bit of practice at the local clays. Good job too i needed it. Subsonics are a meter or so behind at 25 yards. Out of the first 25 shots i think i hit 9. 

Quite the opposit effect tho on the tweed brigade this time, had quite a few people genuinely interested in it as it was so much quieter. But i can quite honestly say that it won't be my new clay gun

IMG-20190901-WA0003.jpg

On 07/10/2019 at 21:17, 38Super said:

Hi All

My new (to me) SXP. I've only used it a couple of times but loving it so far.

Anyone know a good source of spares? I'm not expecting it to go wrong but it won't be long before I take a file to the loading port.

My SXP.jpg

😂 Yes i can certainly remember that. I lost quite a lot of skin down the sides of my thumb nail. I considered that as well but didnt want to wreck the warranty 

While I don’t (yet) own an SXP, I have read that the magazine throat (plastic) can be a weak point, probably worth getting a spare in the unlikely event............

If filing your loading port, I would counsel caution and remove a little at a time, I have seen some receivers drastically weakened by removing copious amounts of metal 

41 minutes ago, impala59 said:

While I don’t (yet) own an SXP, I have read that the magazine throat (plastic) can be a weak point, probably worth getting a spare in the unlikely event............

If filing your loading port, I would counsel caution and remove a little at a time, I have seen some receivers drastically weakened by removing copious amounts of metal 

You can't take too much off the receiver because of the way the trigger group is secured. 

I'll be looking to see how far I can go without cutting into the throat. I haven't looked at it that carefully yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just back from sunny Florida, picked up  few bits for ongoing restorations including a couple of authentic (albeit repro) sunburst recoil pads. Made slightly oversize they will be ground to fit and I'm looking forward to that fitting job. I was a little surprised while in the US visiting a gun show and a few retail outlets that the Ithaca 37 is also somewhat revered over there and very expensive for parts and such. No-one holds parts in stock due to the internet and fast delivery (perhaps not so surprising) I did make a few contacts who were happy to ship t the UK, I will keep the forum posted on how that works out (or doesn't) Got plans for making some fore-ends over the winter and have been collecting some hardwood blanks in walnut, mahogany, olivewood etc. I still have some work to do on my wood lathe and when done will crack on (Opossum, I have found that I do have a longer fore-end iron so will be able to fit one for your 37). It is my intention to turn one in softwood as an experiment first to test tools, skill (or lack of) and mainly the shaft I have made to mount the blanks on the lathe.

172551468_CSP(1).JPG.1bee5ea20a66ac585e3e838f8d83ea92.JPG1002072192_CSP(3).JPG.c83353806e35a6fc909f727f4e703bb1.JPG

The raw sunburst recoil pads

Following suggestions from the forum craft and DIY contributors, here is the initial polish of the English 37 20g receiver. Fitted with its new butt end piece and re-assembled to be photographed in the bathroom for the better white light, I must admit I quite like it so far. Much more polishing to do and then blacking the screw heads and re-blueing the barrel it will have a bit of bling methinks!

1518969298_e37(8).JPG.23c2a3840a043fc01793287a6e95b7be.JPG

407325842_e37(9).JPG.9ae1b55f1162e20a0818590346898a41.JPG625606923_e37(10).JPG.925109b11be0df7058cb7781e660e6a3.JPG

Unfortunately showing some Autosol fingermarks🙁 and reflecting the pine panel, but you get the idea

Edited by impala59