thepasty

Pump Club

23 hours ago, arm3000gt said:

Yes get a SXP. Then if you decide to upgrade your o/u in future if you get a Browning 525 or Winchester you can swap and change chokes (invector plus) between them. SXP is also on my to get list.

On 07/12/2017 at 11:49, Wingman said:

Your in the wrong place if your expecting us to persuade you not to buy a pump action, of course you NEED a pump and the SXP is a great gun, get it bought.  Personally though I wouldn't recommend a pump as your only gun if your planning to shoot clays or game as some grounds and shoots wont like them but you have the mighty Baikal to resolve that issue.  Frankly I haven't found anything that I cant use my pump action for, that is perhaps apart from hitting clays at last months PW pump club shoot - I was utterly rubbish but was me not the gun.  I love the SXP and its on my gun bucket list but at the moment a new Supernova beckons.   

Its black, makes that sound we all love when racking the action and shoots well, what's not to like!

Hope my impartial advice has been of great service to you!

On 07/12/2017 at 12:54, Scrumbag said:

Well, a 3.5” pump will be able to do anything and if you get a plastic coated one, highly impervious to the elements.

Wingman makes some good points. I would say if your Baikal doesn’t fit you, it won’t be doing you any favours…

Scrummy

23 hours ago, arm3000gt said:

Yes get a SXP. Then if you decide to upgrade your o/u in future if you get a Browning 525 or Winchester you can swap and change chokes (invector plus) between them. SXP is also on my to get list.

Thanks for your help folks, you've all echoed more or less what that little voice in my head was saying (not the one that chips in once in a while with "but you don't need it. You should buy a OU instead. Spend the money on stalking")

Next question is 3 inch or 3.5 chamber and 26 or 28 inch barrels?

3 hours ago, SimpleSimon said:

Thanks for your help folks, you've all echoed more or less what that little voice in my head was saying (not the one that chips in once in a while with "but you don't need it. You should buy a OU instead. Spend the money on stalking")

Next question is 3 inch or 3.5 chamber and 26 or 28 inch barrels?

If you intend going wild fowling then 3.5", anything else you'll be fine with 3". Barrel length will be up to you and what ever you preference. I manage ok with shorter barrel (24").Remember a pump will be longer than an o/u for same barrel length. My 24" supernova and Hatsan are as long or longer than 28" Browning 525.