Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sold mine for 150 quid, mind you it wasn't in as good condition as that!

That's not a lot! Was it S2 or S1?

I missed a ccouple in the last Holts auction from the same source, a Remington model 31 and an Ithaca 37 (1937), although that was a bit of a ringer with non matching barrel and other parts. Went for silly money though!

Yeah I think anything old / collectable is being bought up and going Stateside with the exchange rate...

It would be a shame to crimp tubes you didn't have to but I'm a little wary of going to plod and saying I want another S1 pump "just because"

(Doubt I'd trade in the Benelli as I just like it)

No need to crimp if you can show good reason. Different calibers was deemed good enough reason back in the handgun days; don't know if it still applies. Collector status is also deemed good reason.

It's a s1 because of capacity but not because of barrel lemgth. The brake is permanently fixed so it would meet the 24" requirement if it were restricted. That's why the buyer didn't get a refund and has put it back in this auction.

Actually as a pump with less than 24" barrel I think it would be S5...

Back in the day, I had a SPAS 12 with a 21" barrel and a brazed on Cutts compensator of 3.5" this passed proof as a 24.5" barrel. Was purchased as such and eventually sold as such. Indeed the first SPAS shotguns sold were all 21" so all had an extension brazed on to comply with the 24" rule. I believe that only if the barrel addition was removable would there be a section 5 issue.

I don't find cycling the gun a disadvantage even on pairs, but none of my pumps swing as steadily as a long barrelled over and under. They have a grouse butt there with some screaming driven midis. Eye protection essential! The 26" BPS was perfect for the job.

There is a 16g bps in the next Holts sealed bid sale.