thepasty

Pump Club

Cheeky question folks, anyone shoot their pumps at Bisley?

Anyone know of a Norinco 1897 for sale anywhere?

With a 24" barrel I wish there was!

If anyone has connections at Bisley how about trying to get the venue for a Charity Competition? An inaugural PW Pump Club event in aid of a suitable charity could be a great fun day and we could all seek out donations for prizes etc

Edited by impala59

How about a pumps only sporting clays? Doesn't then exclude the section 2s and perhaps more in line with PW members generally?

I'm a member at Bisley sporting - http://www.bisleyshooting.co.uk/bisley-shooting-ground/

There is a competition called the Benelli Sp Auto which is a sporting clays comp for semi-autos. (https://www.benellispauto.co.uk/) we could perhaps start off a little less grand but don't see why some of instructors couldn't be persuaded to come up with a comp for pumps.

(They run monthly competitions anyway for members so something they are used to doing).

Any interest?

Scrummy

I have emailed Barbury Shooting School, Swindon. They have held a Benelli auto competition with 3 birds presented at a time. They weren't overly enthusiastic when I asked to shoot with my pump but didn't say no. It could be they just don't have many shooting a pump action there. Always a number of semi auto users. See what they say.

Edited by arm3000gt

Barbury Shooting School have said they are more than happy to hold a pump action clay shoot. They are happy to hold whatever size shoot on any day of the week. Basically say what you want and they'll try and make it happen. So that is one location available, not very central for people up north but easily accessible from M4.

There only appears to be 7 people interested in a pump only day. That will be easy to organise as we could turn up and just shoot the layout they have.

The names so far are:

MrC

impala59

CaptainBeaky

arm3000gt - 1st Saturdays 2nd Sundays

theShootist

scrumbag

throdgrain

If everyone adds their preferred day of the week (1st and 2nd preference) after their name we can then work on dates. Even if it isn't at Barbury at least we will have all the info in one place to make a start.

How many birds would everyone want to shoot? 100, 200 more? Two rounds of 100? Might be able to negotiate a cheaper clay rate.

If anyone knows of any other grounds they like that are favourable to pump guns post them too.

Edited by arm3000gt

MrC

impala59

CaptainBeaky - can only do Saturdays until August

arm3000gt - 1st Saturdays 2nd Sundays

theShootist

scrumbag

throdgrain

Can't do any until February due to other commitments, and can't do Sunday's until late July.

Hawley are ok about pumps - they have ESP, Compak and skeet. With 7, we could, as suggested above, use the normal layout and go round as one group - Saturdays would be better, as Sunday is their competition day.