Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
thepasty

Pump Club

Recommended Posts

On 13/06/2019 at 17:07, Farmboy91 said:

Well I did it anyway, brought the super x and love it, had a few cracking bunnies already. Fits better than I thought. 

Often the pumps come up a bit short but I certainly found I adapted quite quickly. Enjoy it my friend and welcome to the club!

Scrummy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a great day planned tomorrow.as usual a round of skeet, 50 bird sporting and a round of dtl. But tomorrow I thought I'd take the Wingmaster, the SuperNova and the BPS. See how I get on :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scrumbag said:

Often the pumps come up a bit short but I certainly found I adapted quite quickly. Enjoy it my friend and welcome to the club!

Scrummy

Thanks 👍 I do plan on adding another when I have space, I'd quite like one with wooden furniture too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Thanks 👍 I do plan on adding another when I have space, I'd quite like one with wooden furniture too. 

Careful, it's a sickness...
 

You'll start wondering about if you need something bottom eject, or comes with a Cutts Compensator, or...just because!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scrumbag said:

Careful, it's a sickness...
 

You'll start wondering about if you need something bottom eject, or comes with a Cutts Compensator, or...just because!

I try and get as many of the options as I can I one gun to cut down cabinet space haha, a bottom ejector would definitely be a must though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good result and a much better gun. Mate had a sxp for one season, said it wasn't as good as expected and it was going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Scrumbag said:

Careful, it's a sickness...
 

You'll start wondering about if you need something bottom eject, or comes with a Cutts Compensator, or...just because!

Everybody needs (it is essential) a BPS with bottom eject.

 

David.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2019 at 09:43, Kalahari said:

Everybody needs (it is essential) a BPS with bottom eject.

 

David.

Very true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought id go upset the crowds and took the hushpower for a bit of practice at the local clays. Good job too i needed it. Subsonics are a meter or so behind at 25 yards. Out of the first 25 shots i think i hit 9. 

Quite the opposit effect tho on the tweed brigade this time, had quite a few people genuinely interested in it as it was so much quieter. But i can quite honestly say that it won't be my new clay gun

IMG-20190901-WA0003.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All

My new (to me) SXP. I've only used it a couple of times but loving it so far.

Anyone know a good source of spares? I'm not expecting it to go wrong but it won't be long before I take a file to the loading port.

My SXP.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the look of that, particularly the stock top line being almost parallel to the rib/barrel. It seems almost like a Monte Carlo but without the bulk. Nice one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2019 at 21:17, 38Super said:

Hi All

My new (to me) SXP. I've only used it a couple of times but loving it so far.

Anyone know a good source of spares? I'm not expecting it to go wrong but it won't be long before I take a file to the loading port.

My SXP.jpg

😂 Yes i can certainly remember that. I lost quite a lot of skin down the sides of my thumb nail. I considered that as well but didnt want to wreck the warranty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I don’t (yet) own an SXP, I have read that the magazine throat (plastic) can be a weak point, probably worth getting a spare in the unlikely event............

If filing your loading port, I would counsel caution and remove a little at a time, I have seen some receivers drastically weakened by removing copious amounts of metal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, impala59 said:

While I don’t (yet) own an SXP, I have read that the magazine throat (plastic) can be a weak point, probably worth getting a spare in the unlikely event............

If filing your loading port, I would counsel caution and remove a little at a time, I have seen some receivers drastically weakened by removing copious amounts of metal 

You can't take too much off the receiver because of the way the trigger group is secured. 

I'll be looking to see how far I can go without cutting into the throat. I haven't looked at it that carefully yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

My new addition 

53827BF6-B593-43D8-A0FA-C2A32D014C23.jpeg

What scale is that?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to be about 1/6 scale, just right for Action Man!

09730d675af6a6ea0ec1b628e56714a8.jpg

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Correct scale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...