Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Makes sense.  Cheers for the info. 

I'd love to have a pop at a moving target with slugs.  They are very slow compared to a bullet, and they can take an age to get back on target.  It would make for an interesting time for sure!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Wharf Rat said:

Makes sense.  Cheers for the info. 

I'd love to have a pop at a moving target with slugs.  They are very slow compared to a bullet, and they can take an age to get back on target.  It would make for an interesting time for sure!

I should think it would be very good for developing follow-through. Or highlighting where one lacked it ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Well my forend nut is well and truly stuck on my 870, and I'd like to give it a different forend... Buying an action tube from the US is a no-no as Brownells can't get them and ITAR means nobody else will ship to the UK.

Does anyone know where I can find one, or failing that a cheap (yeah right :D) or knackered S2 870?

Link to post
Share on other sites

These chaps can be remarkably resourceful: https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24671/870-Remington-Shotgun-Spares-by-Make-Shotgun-Spares-Firearm-Spares/

Also, might be worth trying Ebay. Norinco and other Chinese firms make various copies for popular firearms including the 870 so it might not be an OEM part but it might work...

Scrummy

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scrumbag said:

These chaps can be remarkably resourceful: https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24671/870-Remington-Shotgun-Spares-by-Make-Shotgun-Spares-Firearm-Spares/

Also, might be worth trying Ebay. Norinco and other Chinese firms make various copies for popular firearms including the 870 so it might not be an OEM part but it might work...

Scrummy

Thanks! Already tried Gunspares though and bought a forend nut just in case I could only find an action tube. Also I've been refreshing Ebay enough it's unhealthy :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Am I allowed in the club with several ? I just sold my Stevens 30 which I started regretting even before I sold it but I have a couple of others. It was a lot of gun for the money and in really nice condition. Oh well its done.

My Mossberg 410 is now flavour of the month 🙂

Edited by Downforce
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Downforce said:

Am I allowed in the club with several ? I just sold my Stevens 30 which I started regretting even before I sold it but I have a couple of others. It was a lot of gun for the money and in really nice condition. Oh well its done.

My Mossberg 410 is now flavour of the month 🙂

Welcome on board! Get a 12b back ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

As I am new I still can't put an ad in "Trading Post" section. I saw through looking through some of the old posts some people have a Winchester 1897. I will post a "wanted" when I can but just to get anyone thinking if they are ready to sell their 1897? Not trying to by-pass the "wanted" ad just want to give a heads up 🙂

D

Edited by Downforce
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Downforce said:

As I am new I still can't put an ad in "Trading Post" section. I saw through looking through some of the old posts some people have a Winchester 1897. I will post a "wanted" when I can but just to get anyone thinking if they are ready to sell their 1897? Not trying to by-pass the "wanted" ad just want to give a heads up 🙂

D

I will keep an eye out. They occasionally come up in the auctions and sometimes there will be one or two on guntrader. Same for the Model 12. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, theshootist said:

I will keep an eye out. They occasionally come up in the auctions and sometimes there will be one or two on guntrader. Same for the Model 12. 

There was 2 1897's on guntrader last year, wish I'd had the cash spare to grab one if not both. 

The last one I saw at auction was only a couple days ago, sec1 and RFD only though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

There was 2 1897's on guntrader last year, wish I'd had the cash spare to grab one if not both. 

The last one I saw at auction was only a couple days ago, sec1 and RFD only though. 

If its section 1 because of barrel length thats something that I probably couldnt fix quick but if its just the magazine I would be OK to pay to get it crimped to 2+1

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Downforce said:

If its section 1 because of barrel length thats something that I probably couldnt fix quick but if its just the magazine I would be OK to pay to get it crimped to 2+1

Could of been out of proof, can't remember if there was anything else in the description.  Only thing that really puts me off one is how short all the LOP's seem to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...