Pump Club

thepasty

Just spoke to Devon and cornwalls firearm team and got pushed up the line to, I think the head honcho.

I was asking about overal length.

The law states, for sgc holders, minimum barrel length of 24 in and over all length of 40in as wel know.

NOW THE GOOD BIT

The sliding or detachable stock bit we were talking about before is no longer valid as that was removed when it was re vamped in 1997....

So you can have sliding or what ever stock you want so long as your overal length is no less then 40in. IN ITS SHORTEST SETTING

So when you read that bit about sliding stocks ect its due to that source not updating its source and causes a lot of misconception I was told.....

well thats a bit of good news, would be good to see it in writing from an official source tho...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well thats a bit of good news, would be good to see it in writing from an official source tho...

http://www.cps.gov.u...g/firearms/#a14

Section 5(1)(ac) any self-loading or pump-action smooth-bore gun which is not an air weapon or chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges and either has a barrel less than 24" in length or is less than 40" in length overall, e.g. self loading shotguns;

The bit about folding & adjustable stocks is not there anymore :good:

http://www.cps.gov.u...g/firearms/#a14

Section 5(1)(ac) any self-loading or pump-action smooth-bore gun which is not an air weapon or chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges and either has a barrel less than 24" in length or is less than 40" in length overall, e.g. self loading shotguns;

The bit about folding & adjustable stocks is not there anymore :good:

result :good:

I reckon Pump Club is the place to answer my questions.......

I'm after some info on remington 870's, just shook hands on one for £200, it is in good condition overall, but I think is quite old. Its 2 -3/4 chamber & cylinder choke.

Will it be ok with steel shot when the time comes to have a go at some wild fowl?

Its got rifle sights but I would like to get a bead on it, how difficult/expensive is that? DIY or into the shop?

Oh and have I got carried away paying that for it?

Cheers

Tom

that'll be a slug barrel with the rifles sights, prolly a gun smiths job to replace them with a bead. They're soldered to the barrel?

I'm paying £240 for a nearly new 870 synth super mag, I got a good deal on that me thinks. If its in good condition £200 doesnt sound bad... can you work out its age from any stamps on the action/barrel?

Edited by thepasty

I reckon Pump Club is the place to answer my questions.......

I'm after some info on remington 870's, just shook hands on one for £200, it is in good condition overall, but I think is quite old. Its 2 -3/4 chamber & cylinder choke.

Will it be ok with steel shot when the time comes to have a go at some wild fowl?

Its got rifle sights but I would like to get a bead on it, how difficult/expensive is that? DIY or into the shop?

Oh and have I got carried away paying that for it?

Cheers

Tom

If this is a Wingmaster it could be pretty old (and therefore of great interest to me!) , got any pictures? You can date the guns by calling Remington as well, although they are in the States of course!

Thanks Guys some good Gen there! I'm not going to get my hands on the gun for a couple of weeks, bad timing with a change of address! Will check out the age & sights when I get it.

Don't think its a wingmaster..... its plain wood on the but end and the fore end is ribbed no chequering anywhere!?

Thanks again!

Guest cookoff013

I just in process of getting a pump it will be my first gun actually I'm so looking forward to picking it up at the weekend it's a mossy 500a hush power is it true these are frowned upon on at clay clubs

either this will be the best thing sine sliced bread, or you will hate it.

as a first gun, may cause you some issues.

-disregard if you have alot of shotgun experience.