Lab pup out of FT BITCH

DJL4

In the near future I will be looking to get another Lab pup....... or possibly slightly older.

I'm looking to get a bitch pup out of a FTCH/FTW "BITCH". Colour immaterial but am looking for a good FT bitch line.

Willing to travel countyrwide for the right dog.

If anyone knows of any such beast in the offing in the next few months a PM or pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Many thanks DaveL

Chances are a champion bitch will have been covered by a champion dog so more chance of a quality pup. Plenty of average or poor bitches are covered by champion dogs. I like the logic, although a champion x champion mating up this way produced pups recently which we're going for about a grand each (lab).

Chances are a champion bitch will have been covered by a champion dog so more chance of a quality pup. Plenty of average or poor bitches are covered by champion dogs. I like the logic, although a champion x champion mating up this way produced pups recently which we're going for about a grand each (lab).

Yet that's not was requested, hence my question. A FTCH x Good solid working /picking up bitch would be my choice. But was just interested

You could start by looking at all the runners from the last 2 or 3 years UK & Irish championships, you'll find them somewhere on the internet. From this you'll be able to work out recently made up bitches & I'm sure it wouldn't too difficult to locate their owners. Alternatively http://www.k9data.com/default.asp is quite a good place to start looking for a well related bitch line, it's not a complete database but at least it's a start.

Why FTCH /FTW bitch line? do you believe more is inherited from the bitch line?

If I look at a pedigree, the first thing I look at is the bottom line, it's usually the weakest one.

Edited by PERCE

You could start by looking at all the runners from the last 2 or 3 years UK & Irish championships, you'll find them somewhere on the internet. From this you'll be able to work out recently made up bitches & I'm sure it wouldn't too difficult to locate their owners. Alternatively http://www.k9data.com/default.asp is quite a good place to start looking for a well related bitch line, it's not a complete database but at least it's a start.

obviously each to their own on the breeding. I don't honestly feel more FTCH in a dogs breeding means better chance of it making a "good un" obviously you want to see some red and a few known animals. I am asking the OP out of interest in his own thoughts, see loads of FTCH x FTCH bred pups being requested this is not seeming to be the case and there is always something to be learned if you agree or not

If I look at a pedigree, the first thing I look at is the bottom line, it's usually the weakest one.

Sorry my comment is in the quote and I cannot edit the above

In the near future I will be looking to get another Lab pup....... or possibly slightly older.

I'm looking to get a bitch pup out of a FTCH/FTW "BITCH". Colour immaterial but am looking for a good FT bitch line.

Willing to travel countyrwide for the right dog.

If anyone knows of any such beast in the offing in the next few months a PM or pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Many thanks DaveL

Hello mate, I'll keep an ear to the ground round the area for you.

Ok I know ChxCh mating was not requested, and it may not be the outcome although IMO it is highly likely. However, if its not a ChxCh mating any owner with a Ch bitch will make sure she's covered by a damn good dog, whether Ch or not.

Yes Will you are bang on there mate. :good: :good: :good:

Ok I know ChxCh mating was not requested, and it may not be the outcome although IMO it is highly likely. However, if its not a ChxCh mating any owner with a Ch bitch will make sure she's covered by a damn good dog, whether Ch or not.

Exactly why I'm looking for a pup out of a FTCH or FTW bitch.

Anyone with a decent FT bitch would make sure it's mated to a decent dog.

As Perce said, the bottom line of most pedigree's is normaly the weakest and yes I do think a pup from a good FT bitch mated with a good FT dog is preferable to most run of the mill litters available and I'd expect to pay the extra premium for one.

As I mentioned, I'm looking to get one in the next few months, not now, and I'm quite happy to put my name on a waiting list for the right dog.

In answer to Kents question "Do I think more is inherited from the bitch line" No ..... But I think the bitch can pass on equally as much as the sire.

I already have a Lab bitch who's out of a FTCH sire (Ropehall Star) and a good working bitch and I'd have liked to have bred from her but as I mentioned in a previous post due to circumstances I can do nothing about I wont, hence I've got to buy in another dog rather than breed one myself. I'd like to try to find one from a good bitch with a good bitch line which in turn "should" have a decent sire line also.

DaveL

DaveL,

Got you on that was just wondering about your thoughts. Mostly I see FTCHxFTCH etc requested rather than just the bitch line, this raised the question. I like many Race horse trainers also do believe that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing but that's my thoughts and I am sure you know what YOU want from the request. good luck with the search I assume you have cross posted and tried phoning the usual suspects

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Have you found a litter off a champion bitch yet? I know two which have just been mated, although you will be looking upwards of £1200 for a bitch pup.....

Hi,

If things go to plan, yes I have found what I'm after BUT it will all depend how many pups there are as there's a waiting list. These pups are'nt due till late April so It'll be a while yet and all I can do is hope!

I'd really appreciate any info you can pass onto me about the two you know of tho just incase the original falls through.

Many thanks for the msg.

DaveL

Hi Dave,

Have you found a litter off a champion bitch yet? I know two which have just been mated, although you will be looking upwards of £1200 for a bitch pup.....

Crikey!

From what I know that's cheap compared to 'darn sarf' prices.

Thanks Will.

Dave, if you don't get sorted for a pup send me a message and I will try and help you out.

Cheers

Thanks Will I'll see how things pan out, time will tell.

Hope you get a good litter. One of my cockers gave birth to five on Tuesday so its all go here ATM to!

Regards DaveL