Help. Getting kit across the field

David 686

I have a golden rule and that is.....only one outward journey. Get a suitable bag to carry on your back which will taken nets, cartridges, a battery for your rotary if you have one and decoys. A fisherman's holdall can take the hide poles, floaters etc and a gun slip will take your gun.

Never moan about about having to make two return trips as it means that you have shot a fair few.

Cheers guys I was thinking of a battery powered golf trolly.

Ps I drive a 300 tdi disco. trust me if you want to be kicked off you're shoot just drive over the fields.

Cheers again

Ps nice pics cheers

I am surprised "Dennis the Disco" is up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by bakerboy

name='JDog' timestamp='1360087330' post='2056459']

I have a golden rule and that is.....only one outward journey. Get a suitable bag to carry on your back which will taken nets, cartridges, a battery for your rotary if you have one and decoys. A fisherman's holdall can take the hide poles, floaters etc and a gun slip will take your gun.

Never moan about about having to make two return trips as it means that you have shot a fair few.

[/b]

Agree.

There is no way that any of these barrow contraptions will work in most situations. Either the ground is not suitable to drive over. cultivated, seeded or crowing crops or the crops are growing or too thick to get through.

All this leaves is after harvest when the ground is dry and stubble. My ground is only like this for about a week before discing and reseeding. Try getting one through standing wheat along a tram line. You might get ten yards.

Agree.

There is no way that any of these barrow contraptions will work in most situations. Either the ground is not suitable to drive over. cultivated, seeded or crowing crops or the crops are growing or too thick to get through.

All this leaves is after harvest when the ground is dry and stubble. My ground is only like this for about a week before discing and reseeding. Try getting one through standing wheat along a tram line. You might get ten yards.

:lol: :lol: bol???ks :lol: :lol: i have used a fishing type barrow for years very good :lol: also have a quad that i hardly ever use :no: on stubble i use my van :lol:

David is a Cockney, and does not know how to walk without the swagger, and thumbs in his trouser top. "Ello Mary Poppins" style

Probably likes the bottle as well.

Try pushing a barrow through standing wheat like this. OR driving a vehcle through it. Anyone found doing it through my crops will find their rear end on a one way trip through the gate.

DSCN1538_zps736b3579.jpg

Thanks bakerboy. And cheers fortune most crop do have a margin / set aside. I would never drive where I shouldn't drive.

I'm just trying to get out where the birds are not where I want the birds to be.

Ps bakerboy I mite be a cockney but boy can I shoot lol.

Cheers me old china.

Cheers fortune. Yes I dont mind a glass of red or 2.

Ps nice dogs.

Probably likes the bottle as well.

Try pushing a barrow through standing wheat like this. OR driving a vehcle through it. Anyone found doing it through my crops will find their rear end on a one way trip through the gate.

DSCN1538_zps736b3579.jpg

Denny Essex and myself spent the best part of a year on a mission to lighten our kit. sounds silly but wherever we could save an ounce we did. We changed nets, decoys, batteries, number of cartridges we carried, seats, bags the lot. I managed to get my kit down to 10kg and Den even less (but he's a lot older and weaker than me so he had to :lol:).

That didn't include magnet or hide poles, but did include everything else:

12 FUD's with red stakes taken off and new rods made for them

2 x 4m nets

Tent pegs

Clips for the net

multitool

60 cartridges (always more in the car when you need them)

Bucket seat

Turbo flapper

Flapper remote and receiver

Magnet speed controller

1.2amp battery for the flapper

2 x Hyperflaps

and some odds and **** like spare remote batteries, cord, etc etc

The main component for getting kit to your hide, and getting back on track to the OP question, was a good rucksack. Changing from my big carry all bag to a rucksack that fits all of the above was key. With just 10kg's on your back properly secured makes long walks much easier.

Fishing tackle shops have a great selection with loads of pockets so everything is organised.

Cos

Best way I found to get my kit across a field was to rope some un-suspecting newbie to carry my kit as well as his on the pre tense of showing him how to decoy and shoot.

See above reply :whistling:

You forgot to add, pretending you have a back problem as well, so said newbie takes pitty and carries all the gear......doh :blink: