Looks like men are gonna marry each other.

unapalomablanca

I often find myself on the side of social conservatives, but I simply can't see why anyone cares about gay marriage. As long as institutions aren't forced to marry each people e.g if thecatholic church refuses to marry people, I can't see what the problem is. I don't mean this rhetorically, please tell me what the issue is. 'it defiles the sanctity of marriage' is not an argument unless you say why. Being gay is legal. Who cares if they get tax benefit? And on the issue of the sanctity of marriage, there's plenty of divorce as is, so what of it? Please message me if you don't want to reply on this forum because I really want to know.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont understand the whole getting married in a church thing.Surely, if you are a true christian,then you must realise that you are a sinner and going against your god,which means that you are NOT a christian-so dont ask to be married in his house. :mad:

> I dont understand the whole getting married in a church thing.

Or Christianity by the looks of it.

:/

Nial

I'm not going to respond to a stupid comment left by a joker clearly making fun of a discussion regarding the erosion of one of civilisation's founding concepts.

But you did respond to him. In a manner.

Your statement is loaded and mistaken because you assume that extension equals erosion. I cannot see any evidence that could support this.

Most religions openly object to gay marriage -, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism to name a few. I know the C of E has a specific exemption in the new legislation, but look forward to how the Gov deal with the fist Human Rights case brought against the mosque that wouldn't allow such a marriage :-) Can, open, worms, everywhere!!!! Not too well thought out Mr Cameron! :-)

Edited by Beretta06

I often find myself on the side of social conservatives, but I simply can't see why anyone cares about gay marriage. As long as institutions aren't forced to marry each people e.g if thecatholic church refuses to marry people, I can't see what the problem is. I don't mean this rhetorically, please tell me what the issue is. 'it defiles the sanctity of marriage' is not an argument unless you say why. Being gay is legal. Who cares if they get tax benefit? And on the issue of the sanctity of marriage, there's plenty of divorce as is, so what of it? Please message me if you don't want to reply on this forum because I really want to know.

:stupid:

As long as religious institutes are not forced to perform gay weddings against their will, i don't see the problem with this. Two men or two women getting married, litterally has zero effect on my life, so who am i to say it shouldn't be allowed?

How long do you think that will last though? The homosexual contingent seem to live to push their rights so I can't see religion being a boundary. The other thing is did Cameron push this so hard to keep Clegg happy as his party wasn't exactly all for it

The thing is, taking PW as a representative sample (and I see no reason why not), most people on this thread fall into the 'don't care' or 'opposed' category. Has anyone on this thread spoken out seriously in favour of it?

So either we don't care, or we're against it.

The liberal media (i.e. BBC) gives a lot (and I mean a lot) of coverage time to certain topics. Those topics are usually either the BBC and the media itself (self-obsessed is too tame a term) or an issue such as gay marriage. The fact is, it isn't that important to most people, but the ones who it is important to are a tiny (but very vocal) minority, with disproportionate media influence. Would the debate still be happening? Probably. Would it be so hyped? Probably not.

I do feel sorry for older people for whom getting their heads round stuff like this must be hard, especially when they can remember when gayness was illegal.

For me, crack on, fantabulosa.

It does not really bother me personally but I have a lot of gay friends and it does bother them. Only a few years it was illegal for them to be themselves and live how they wanted. This is the final hurdle for them to be accepted in law (not by the bigots on here) as being just normal people who love somebody and are entitled to the same rights as everyone else.

For these reasons I am in favour of it.

and another thing that winds me up is how much money has this oh so pressing subject that i am not so sure will help the financial/social recovery of the country cost in mp's expenses?? just so a few sexual deviants can in some way feel normal??? surely the time in parlament would of been far better served in attempting to sort out the state of the country???

just to add i am not bender bashing i just think our politicians time would be better spent trying to sort the state of the country out rather than debating daft laws that have very little impact on the country, also how come politicians are telling religions what they can and cant't do in their places of worship?? is the islamic faith going to accept this law???

Edited by beeredup

As long as religious institutes are not forced to perform gay weddings against their will, i don't see the problem with this. Two men or two women getting married, litterally has zero effect on my life, so who am i to say it shouldn't be allowed?

Viking.

Back bench MPs are already getting together to have this possible ruling amended.

The starting point is that there is either equality or there is not. You can't have "near equality".

All the science says that people don't choose to be gay - the dice are cast in the womb and it's a matter of chromosomes. However, I don't need science to tell me this because who would actually knowlingly choose meat and two veg over the female form and in particular "boobs". Who would choose a life where most things are still stacked against you (including anyone who reads the Daily Mail).

So, once the stone age bible thumping Daily Mail readers get to grips with the fact that most who are light in their shoes had no choice in their persuasion then it's a matter of whether they should be treated as equals to hetrosexual couples.

I fall into the live and let live category but was brought up in a Daily Mail reading household so I understand that it is difficult for the older generations to get to grips with.

Edited by Mungler

It does not really bother me personally but I have a lot of gay friends and it does bother them. Only a few years it was illegal for them to be themselves and live how they wanted. This is the final hurdle for them to be accepted in law (not by the bigots on here) as being just normal people who love somebody and are entitled to the same rights as everyone else.

For these reasons I am in favour of it.

+1

The starting point is that there is either equality or there is not. You can't have "near equality".

All the science says that people don't choose to be gay - the dice are cast in the womb and it's a matter of chromosomes. However, I don't need science to tell me this because who would actually knowlingly choose meat and two veg over the female form and in particular "boobs". Who would choose a life where most things are still stacked against you (including anyone who reads the Daily Mail).

So, once the stone age bible thumping Daily Mail readers get to grips with the fact that most who are light in their shoes had no choice in their persuasion then it's a matter of whether they should be treated as equals to hetrosexual couples.

I fall into the live and let live category but was brought up in a Daily Mail reading household so I understand that it is difficult for the older generations to get to grips with.

i quite agree i just dont think it should be debated in parliament if people of any combination of the sexes want to get married so be it, its the way that the politicians are now legislating that church's must accept it (i am not religeous either) i think its outside of the goverments remit to tell a religion what they can and cant do, can you see the islamic faith accepting it? anyone fancy booking a gay wedding in a mosque if so invite me please as i would love to come and see the flying pig flyby ;)

Edited by beeredup

I just dont like the fact the government are basically slowly treading on one group of peoples beliefs because the other side are shouting louder and its a vote winner from the pink team :)

Getting married is a religious thing and the religion says no thanks to gays so that should be that...but it isnt

It just seems to be that certain gay people just look at other people and say they get something so we want it which seems selfish to me.

Im not religious so haven't got married in a church because id feel a hypocrite.

I just dont like the fact the government are basically slowly treading on one group of peoples beliefs because the other side are shouting louder and its a vote winner from the pink team :)

Getting married is a religious thing and the religion says no thanks to gays so that should be that...but it isnt

It just seems to be that certain gay people just look at other people and say they get something so we want it which seems selfish to me.

Im not religious so haven't got married in a church because id feel a hypocrite.

+1 :good:

its about time team cammo started shouting loudly!!! seeing as team tweed doesn't want to rock the boat ;)

Edited by beeredup

I'm in the live and let live category too, if two dudes want to get married good on them.... it might mean I get to go to another wedding... I love a good wedding!

On a side not, I've never seen a forum frequented by so many bigots... open your minds and you shall see!