Should settle the .177 v .22 debate

turbo33

I was there when he was shooting, he got critical mass shots all the time, he eats leaves and drinks 100% ethanol, he doesn't require a scope as he has telescopic eyes, he can add extra distance to the short simply by activating his magnetic repell mode, most people don't believe he even exists because he has perfect camouflage skills, he invented the word stalking, he's called ............ The twig.....

Where can I get me one of them thar telescopic eyes :ninja:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been told that he got his from area 51, they was trailing them for fighter pilots but they couldn't cope with the extra visual information going to the frontal coretex of their brain, this in turn changed them into bankers and lawyers where minimum brain function is required....... Ok too much lol ps no offence to bankers and lawyers :)

I personaly shoot out to a maximum of 65 yards in PERFECT conditions in .177 and around 50yards in .22

My 63 yard shots are always in the same pigeon sitting tree on my permission. I have this one aim point pretty much mastered and is weather pending.

All of my other shooting takes place from about 3-50 yards. On a gusty day this is reduced to around 35yards

....and yes i do have misses if you claim you dont, well, i dont belive you. The good thing about the misses are that i go for brain shots only, this means if i miss, its over the top with out injury, if its low, its still a head shot but does result in 20-30 seconds of flapping or kicking on the floor.

I was there when he was shooting, he got critical mass shots all the time, he eats leaves and drinks 100% ethanol, he doesn't require a scope as he has telescopic eyes, he can add extra distance to the short simply by activating his magnetic repell mode, most people don't believe he even exists because he has perfect camouflage skills, he invented the word stalking, he's called ............ The twig.....

Ha ha nice one;)

I personaly shoot out to a maximum of 65 yards in PERFECT conditions in .177 and around 50yards in .22

My 63 yard shots are always in the same pigeon sitting tree on my permission. I have this one aim point pretty much mastered and is weather pending.

All of my other shooting takes place from about 3-50 yards. On a gusty day this is reduced to around 35yards

....and yes i do have misses if you claim you dont, well, i dont belive you. The good thing about the misses are that i go for brain shots only, this means if i miss, its over the top with out injury, if its low, its still a head shot but does result in 20-30 seconds of flapping or kicking on the floor.

a 65 yard pigeon brain shot :lol: :lol: righty ho

colin

He basically said that people should shoot at ranges for which they have practiced many times and can repeatedly hit a target with little diversion to misses, he also said a miss can happen to non twigs at any range but the longer the shot the more likely it is to happen so you have to put it in perspective, I hope this makes sense as I had to use Google translate to translate from Chinese (he's been away for the new year.and mastered the language in a day. )

To me that was a serious shot.even at 25 yards shooters still wound animals.we have all done good shots on the day and we have all missed or wounded our target.so to me its up to the shooter behind the gun as some folk spend alot of time talking or typing about it while others are doing it.just my opinion

Edited by simon6ppc

.20 is more middle of the road but didn't seem to take off? Don't really see the point in arguing here they have both been used successfully for decades sometimes more successful than other times, they are both as accurate as each other if you know how to shoot them, yes .177 has a flatter trajectory but if you are used to .22 what difference does it make? There is that guy who can shoot a moving paracetamol with a bow/arrow so does that make bow/arrow more accurate than a gun? You could be well versed in shooting a cannon accurately does that make it more accurately than a rifle, well maybe the archer and the gunner would have a argument to say yes as that's what their better with and what they trust and can hit 99%. Just because .177 or .22 is right for you doesn't mean it's right for everyone and people should stop getting so wound up about it. ................btw .22 is still better and .177 are for girls

.20 is more middle of the road but didn't seem to take off? Don't really see the point in arguing here they have both been used successfully for decades sometimes more successful than other times, they are both as accurate as each other if you know how to shoot them, yes .177 has a flatter trajectory but if you are used to .22 what difference does it make? There is that guy who can shoot a moving paracetamol with a bow/arrow so does that make bow/arrow more accurate than a gun? You could be well versed in shooting a cannon accurately does that make it more accurately than a rifle, well maybe the archer and the gunner would have a argument to say yes as that's what their better with and what they trust and can hit 99%. Just because .177 or .22 is right for you doesn't mean it's right for everyone and people should stop getting so wound up about it. ................btw .22 is still better and .177 are for girls

lol na .22 is for those that often miss and know with more knock down power its still ok but the .177 shooter shoots it because he knows he is going to hit said target

colin

It would be interesting to see the gentleman do a video on is group sizes at 80 yrds and maybe someone could pop the question to him on is you tube channel.We would all be able to form a better opinion then on wether he should have,or should not have,attempted the shot.

many of these long range superhero's are challenged to produce a group size that would be considered acceptable for shooting quarry at those ranges, but none ever do.

a 1 mph crosswind is virtually undetectable and you'll miss the target at 81 yards by several inches.

i keep looking at the video and summat isn't right. has anyone spotted where the crosshairs are at the moment he pulls the trigger ??

no doubt someone will be along with an 85 yard "kill" shortly :cool1:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cookoff013

The thing I find interesting about this kind of thread is that those on here that use a shotgun will happily accept 1 bird for two shots fired as good shooting. So every other barrel of the "good shot" will throw 260 pellets at the quarry, lets say pigeon, probably with numerous hits and thats deemed perfectly acceptable on here.. No one ever gets ripped to shreds for being irresponsible when they talk about the birds they hit but carried on. Yet someone pulls off a shot with greater skills than the above, and everyone jumps on it as irresponsible behaviour. :hmm: Is it not just a little bit hypocritical? And think of the scale of either a .177 or .22 pellet in relation to a pigeon/crow. If its anywhere in the neck up, its a kill and below that in the chest, even if its not downed immediately, it will be terminal fairly fast. Compare that with a couple of no.6 or no7 shot. That can be lodged in the tissue for a long time with associated pain. Even the term "pricked" almost makes it sound acceptable to some :hmm:

I'm not suggesting I would have a go, my skills are no-where near good enough. 45-50 yds for me in ideal conditions is my limit. But there are some cracking marksmen out there.

although most have a 2:1 cartridge to bird ratio becaus they simply MISS. i have tried to shoot to that distance, failed misserably. but i`ve also pulled of some great shots with a shotgun, #4 / #2 for ground game in a classic 36g loads. you litterally couldnt miss.