51 plate jag awd

delburt0

i have let my terrano go as i discovered when i took it for the test that both of the front hubs were not working hence getting stood in 1 inch of snow the other day,

and also a few holes sprung up around the seat belts and sills

i think it might be a bit of a mid-life crisis but i have bought a 51 plate jag 2.5 petrol se model all the toys electric seats full leather ect.

4x4 model, drove back from wales 140 miles averaged 38mpg drives mint full jag history 2 owners a snip at £800.00

just wondering they are a glorified 4 wheel drive mondeo.

but just pointing out i would rather have 800.00 in one of these than a lot of other 4x4s

not doing as much on the land and this will suffice for what i want,

when its stubble time its the wife's Peugeot that i go in . im happy anyway your views appreciated...

atb delburt0 :good:

Edited by delburt0

Had an 02 2.1SE for 3 years also a friend liked mine so got one. if those robbing $%£"!£$"s politicians didn't charge so much tax on petrol i'd still own it .

its underpinjnings are all straight from rthe Ford parts bin - it share the drive train with the 24 valve mondeo. but lovely comfort , birds eye maple veneer looks the mutts's

I dont believe the fuel return weas correct - mine only ever did 30mpg when doing 60mph usual return was 19-23 mpg.

The auto gearboxes seem to be a weakness and when they go (about every 70 thousand miles ) the bill is twice what you paid for the car :no:. whenever anything broke the broken part allways seemend to have "ford" stamped on it .

its a manual and the brother in laws a ford tech so no probs there, petrol light was on when i got it i put £25.00 to get me home and i have done 145 miles and light has just come on so happy with that , id have a guess at 33 - 38 ish combined was showing more yesterday on motorway , but dropped to 33.5 nipping around today , putting the petrol in doesnt bother me i had a v8 jeep overland b4 the terrano that was 17mpg , the performance and interior more than made up for running....

Edited by delburt0

i have a 53 plate one which she uses and i borrow since i got rid of the 4x4 and never replaced it, had it 3-4 years now put 50,000 on it in that time its only ever given me 2 problems 1st was a bad circuit on the wipers (fuse kept blowing) and the other was a engine management light for the sensors in the exhaust each time i put it on the decoder it told me it was a different sensor i n the end i changed all of them. nice little motor but i'm getting rid this year as i want something for shooting again

Edited by fuzzypigeon